Moving machines

mac057

Can anybody tell me how difficult it is to move machines with a lift gate truck from enterprise and a pallet jack. How much help well I need getting them on and off machines are in AMS 39 VCF AP Lcm2 and Vendo 786 m&m and once in the back of the truck how should i strap them in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If the truck has a tuck-away gate then you will have to be very careful as the platform will only be level when it is all the way up.  All during the vertical travel the gate will be tilted down and because it has a diamondplate surface your machines will want to slide off.  If you can rent a rail-lift truck you will be much happier. 

If you have a normal full size pallet jack it will fit under the AMS just fine but you will have to slide it under the LCM2 at an angle.  The M&M machine has no legs so if you use the pallet jack.....good luck. You're going to need a couple of helpers to do this safely.  At least the M&M machine is pretty light so tipping it isn't too difficult to do. 

The inside of the truck won't have any tie-downs - only horizontal wood planks protecting the sides of the box.  You can get a cheap package of ratchet straps and hook the ends of the straps around the boards to secure the machines.  Just don't turn sharp or hit any curbs or sharp bumps because the springs in the truck will be very stiff and will throw the box around.

Is there any reason you aren't paying a vending mover to do this, none around maybe?  They would probably be no more expensive than renting a truck.

That's a good rate for a truck rental and certainly much less than paying a vending mover.  You will usually pay $50 or more per machine.  It's good that you have the small jack as well.  Good luck with it.

They work well anyplace that needs chilled candy.  Since you are limited to candy items look for an apartment complex or some other location with a lot of kids.

Send me a PM if you need any parts for these.

That gate size will work, just be very careful and hold the machine while the gate is moving.  Make sure all four legs are sitting on the gate and not on the lifted pallet jack.  I don't have any experience with a tilting trailer.  In my 28 years in this business I have always had a liftgate on my truck.  Our member Mojorhino has a tilting trailer so you could look through his gallery for photos or search his posts for references to his trailer.

Archived