logging purchases to an account

SkydiverBC

I am looking into a system that will work with a snack machine. I won't be selling snacks, but using that type of machine to vend the product. I would like the system to be cashless. Essentially, employees are issued a card, they swipe the card (or NFC) and the purchase is logged for billing to the business. Can a pin number be added for security? I need the items trackable back to the person that purchased the item.

What is out there, was/is it good or bad? Pro's Cons?

Thanks!

I am looking into a system that will work with a snack machine. I won't be selling snacks, but using that type of machine to vend the product. I would like the system to be cashless. Essentially, employees are issued a card, they swipe the card (or NFC) and the purchase is logged for billing to the business. Can a pin number be added for security? I need the items trackable back to the person that purchased the item.

What is out there, was/is it good or bad? Pro's Cons?

Thanks!

What you're describing is a system marketed by Fastenal.  Wittern makes their machines and they are usually set up for employee disbursement of expendable items like gloves and grinder wheels

Check out the M ZIP (I didn't name it) from Vendors Exchange.  It is designed around preloaded cards in a closed environment.  The base unit is a wall mounted recharge unit where people can transfer money via cash or credit/debit card onto a proprietary loaded card.  Each machine will have a ZIP card reader for purchases.  I don't think the card readers have to be networked. 

There are other systems available from some of the card reader manufacturers and the systems have been installed in college and business environments.  Some of these systems can be tied into an employees security badge, a payroll account or attached to a student ID.  I don't know who specifically offers this but check with all the card reader manufacturers.

Archived