How Far Would You Drive to Purchase Vending Machine

I have driven as far as 150 miles to purchase a cold drink machine. I also stop and visit with family at the same time, so it made it worth it.

It is up to you in your mind to figure if it is worth it, at least your picking up two machines.

I'm curious to know how far you guys would drive / have driven to purchase a snack or drink machine.  I will be making a 3 hour one way drive this weekend which makes it 6 hour round trip. I will be picking up two USI Snack machines.  Thoughts...

Depends on how bad I need the machines and what the availability is in the local market, I have on a few occasions driven 7-8 hours one way to get a machine I NEEDED. I have never driven more than a hour or two to get a machine I WANTED, but did not NEED.

The 6 hour round trip went well. The sun was shining and the weather was like 55 degrees. I ended up purchasing a FSI 3039 snack machine and a USI Lance snack machine. Today was a good day!! :)attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Then it was worth the trip. As long as you didn't over pay for machines and you have a location for them.

I use the rough 50 cents per mile (gas, oil, insurance, etc, might be higher for trucks) to help determine how far I'd drive to buy anything when price is the major factor - washer/dryer, printer, iced coffee, vending machine, etc. 1000 miles is an extra $500 tacked onto the cost. Of course if availability or personal demand trumps price as the major factor then it's a different ball game.

Archived