how do i hook up a used InOne cc reader

dogcow

I have a inone cc reader on a used coin changer i just got (it changes to tokens) 

i am wondering how do i get this set up to accepts credit cards i believe it is a standard

mdb interface device. but the machine was used so there was no directions on who

i should contact for service.

any advice greatly appreciated!

Credit card readers should all have a harness(es) included in the kit.  This harness usually plugs into the machine's MDB harness, then your bill validator's MDB harness connects to this.  Your coin mech should already be connected to the other end of the validator MDB harness.  The card reader then will connect to the intermediary harness that came with the kit and was just installed as described.

You might have an MDB harness already integrated into the card reader in which case you will follow the same connection procedure.  The card reader must be first in line to the machine MDB connection. 

VERY IMPORTANT:  Make sure you connect the antenna to the card reader before you first power it up or you might damage the card reader.

The Nayax card reader plugs into the Arrow telemeter that inOne sells. If you have the card reader and not the telemeter it won't do you much good. If you have the telemeter, just plug the card reader into it and plug the telemeter into the MDB chain.

- Jason

What make and model changer are you using?

Is your InOne an arrow or iris model?

Do you have an InOne account?

Did it ever work?

Some InOne units have a pulse mode option.

AZ If you take a look at MDB wiring you will find everything is pure parallel so the order of conection should make no deference.

I always connect the CC first but there is no reason it has to be.  

Walta 

I always figured that it wouldn't matter what order the MDB devices were plugged in but USA Technologies insists theirs must be plugged in as first priority to the logic board so I thought maybe they all should be that way for some reason.  I believe that the MEI Easitrax also requires the same connection so I figured they all did.

If it's a Coinco reader then you have to go to them.  If it's branded as an InOne reader then you must contact them.  For Arrow or Isis I believe it will be InOne that made them even though they are now owned by Coinco.

Do you think InOne will transfer it without proof of ownership from the last register owner?

When you call InOne be sure you have the units serial number and have a bank account set up for them to access.

Understand if sales are good they will be making deposits if sales do not cover expense they will be making withdraws.

I am sure there will be papers to be signed.

Please let us know how your call goes.

http://www.inonetechnology.com/ContactUs.aspx

Walta

Archived