Restaurant Depot

2dudes

Anybody have any luck finding good deals here on beverages, snacks or candy?  Thinking of going this week.  I was really hoping they had the 16oz Poland Spring bottles because only Vistar sells them and they want $750 minimum.  I found another place with a $500 minimum but still.  That's tough since I am just starting.  Sam's does not sell them as I have already been there. 

You sure Vistar won't let you pick up at the warehouse (will call) for no minimum?  My Vistar is fine with that, the $750 limit is for delivery to your door.  That said, Costco will cover most of your beverage and snack needs - Vistar only gets about 30% of my inventory money.  If I had a Sam's, I don't think I would buy much at all from Vistar (but I do have to get the Arrowhead vendable water bottles there).

White.. Only thing ill get for them is the 16 oz water.. And thanks for the info.. Called them today and I can pickup with no minimum :) What are they charging you for the arrowhead if you don't mind me asking?

• 5 months later...

Many of you may know this already, but I just found there's a company called Merchant's Mart which is under Vistar's umbrella.  For those of us who aren't going to be able to order enough for a Vistar delivery and the Vistar is just too far away to pick up, there appears to be many more of these out there who may be closer.  Anybody have any experience with them?

The problem with Vistar and their Merchants Mart locations is that Vistar has closed many, if not all, of their cash and carry locations.  They now require phone orders that must be picked up at a will-call door.  They have apparently decided it's not important for their customers to be able to shop for new items by sight and feel, so they have eliminated the payroll for the cash and carry and stuck customers with pre-ordering over the phone or online.

If you still have an open cash and carry in your area then you are lucky.  They do have a better variety than any other supplier, as they should, though they won't usually have the lowest prices.

Just like AzVendor said they have a great variety I only go there for about 5 different special type chips and candy that my sams club does not carry, They did close down the merchant mart part of it in my area so I do have to do Will call but i just pick up the next day.   It is stil worth it to me since those couple brands I buy from them are my top sellers...

Archived