Trying to get my first crane machine

packs179

I have been searching the forums for a while now and have decided that I want to try amusement vending and more specifically crane machines. I saw this one on Craigslist in my area and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of machine this is and if it is a good machine to start with. Also how much do you guys think it's worth? Thanks!

its a smart or a elaut crane

both used the same frame style in that year

its not a bad crane... its big to get thru doors so unless the location has double doors or a large door

it will not fit thru most locations single doors

695 is a little high I would offer 5-6 including the plush..

bill

The same guy on Craigslist is also selling a candy crane machine. He is asking $500. Is that too much for the candy crane? Also I wanted to put 5" knobby balls in it and have it be a winner every time for $1 a play. Would the knobby balls work in the candy crane or are they too big?

The same guy on Craigslist is also selling a candy crane machine. He is asking $500. Is that too much for the candy crane? Also I wanted to put 5" knobby balls in it and have it be a winner every time for $1 a play. Would the knobby balls work in the candy crane or are they too big?

If the location has half way decent traffic you may have to fill the crane every few days.  An empty crane earns no money.

I found a good 30" crane with a DBA. This should fit through most standard doors right? Also how many knobby balls would it take to fill it? And are knobby balls set at winner every time for a dollar better than plush at $.50 a play in terms of number of customers you get to play the machine? Thanks for all your help!

I found a good 30" crane with a DBA. This should fit through most standard doors right? Also how many knobby balls would it take to fill it? And are knobby balls set at winner every time for a dollar better than plush at $.50 a play in terms of number of customers you get to play the machine? Thanks for all your help!

We run 1/6

It depends on the location, some locations do best with plush, some with balls, some with jewelry, you just need to experiment. Balls are a good start though. Plush can be a pain because you cant buy just a little so unless it moves real fast the look can get stale. When I started out I used to by plush at dollar store close outs. On my first 6 cranes I would service a crane stop by a dollar store, tear off tags on the way to the next crane and repeat, lol.

Thank you for the responses! I will experiment with the different options. And the dollar store plush is a great idea! My first crane is actually going in at a laundromat that is right next to a dollar tree so that will be perfect!

Also does anyone have a manual for a talon crane machine? I can't find any online and I'm trying to figure out how to change the claw strength. Thanks!

Archived