How did you all grow at steady healthy rate?

Beach Bum Vending

Hello Everyone,

I am curious for you guys & gals that have larger routes of  200 - 300 plus  heads out there.  How did you grow your business at a steady healthy rate and any advice you can share?   I am thinking and considering chain places or brand businesses is that a wise idea?   Like you get a chain well known restaurants or  like lube shops  or well know chains fast foods places  or chain stores  like  dollar stores or auto parts places.  Places where you get all them in few surrounding counties and have half to dozen at a time.  How would one go about doing something like that?   Any advice  positive or negative is greatly taken.   I am just wondering how to grow at a more steady pace is all. 

Thank you, All

I use a variety of locators (telemarketers (2), in person locator, and self locating). This ensures a good variety of locations and coverage because each locating entity has a specific style/ demographic target so the operating area is established effectively. Chains are tricky, for example all the dollar trees in Colorado are serviced by one person who has a contract with a 3rd party. He pays commission to the locations and a fee on top to the 3rd party and this whole setup is not guaranteed. Good income, however, while he has the contract but losing a lot of it to commissions, fees, and COGS. That is my little bit hope it helps.

Archived