MEI CF7000 Coin Mech problem

Randy 805

I have an MEI CF7000 coin mech that when, after the yellow coin return button at top is depressed won't return to it's starting point thus essentially leaving the coin mech partially open in an eternal coin return mode, I removed the unit and when I hold it upside down I have no problem getting it to return to the starting point, but right side up always remains partially open, it doesn't seem like a spring problem to me but rather that something is interfering, catching or not allowing the plastic piece to return to its resting position...I've checked it and it looks clean, I wonder if somethings not lining up properly, or maybe the spring has possibly lost over time the necessary tention to return the plastic piece to it's resting posistion...any ideas?

If you can't see anything physically interfering with the acceptor lid, you might have a broken c/r spring in the acceptor or a broken piece that doesn't stand out to you.  If you can't get it figured out you will need to exchange it for a good coin mech. 

PM me if you need a replacement.  It can be replaced with any MDB coin mech so I could send you whatever model you prefer.

Archived