Red Bull from a Vendo 480 issues

I purchased a kit to vend Red Bull for a Vendo 480 machine and have had problems with it jamming.  I'm not sure how to correct the hardware to stop future jams and hope that someone here has a suggestion.

Red%20Bull%20Jam-L.jpg

Two things are going on, I'm not sure if both are relevant.  

The dispensing rail will allow three Red Bull cans to drop.  The rear can (labeled 3rd Red Bull Can) seems to get pushed very deep into the rail, behind the backstop.  I don't know if it is somehow not fully  allowing cans to drop from the stocked slot thereby causing a jam.  

The jammed can (labeled jammed red bull can) was wedged between the cam (is that the proper name) and side of the slot - not allowing the cam to fully rotate.  It looks as if the diameter of the cam is just large enough to allow a second can to drop on top of a can already loaded in the dispensing rail and.  Should I get a different cam?

FYI - I unloaded the slot and removed space holders that magnetically attach to the sheet metal in the slot on the right hand side.  The space holders reduce the width of the slot so Red Bull cans are stacked vertically one of top of the other.  The cans are stacked two deep.

You must have the magnetic spacers installed to the side of the column or you will end up with cans "bridging" together in the column and not drawing down to the rotor.  The rotating part of the vend mechanism is called the rotor, the rear adjustment is the rear spacer and the right side spacer is call the shim.

This kit is designed to vend the Red Bull cans 3 deep in a column.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say "The cans are stacked two deep,"  but you do indicate that you have these cans 3 deep in the column.  I suggest you go over the setup of the column again to ensure you have installed your gage bar clips correctly and that the gage bar is in the proper slots, front and back.  Remove the gage bare, turn it over, and verify that it is straight by sighting down the bottom edge of the gage bar.  If it's bent you will have problems.  The other issue you might be having, and you will see this while test vending it, is that the product gate on the left side, might not be lifting up completely to allow a row of cans to drop into the rotor or closing quickly and firmly to prevent a second row of cans to drop onto the first row that has just loaded.  This could be caused by a worn out gate link, though that worn part will usually jam the entire vend mechanism up. 

If you read the fine print on your installation instructions you will see that the sold out flap spring must be in a certain position and that the Red Bull column can not be vended if the column to the right of it has it's gage bar in position 1 (far left slot).  This will probably result in the jam you are getting.  It will probably be best if your Red Bull is in column 1 so you have no interference from any column to its right.

The vendo drink machine requires a special kit from vendo. It includes a metal spacer, 2 magnetic black, foam  spacers that run up the sides of the wall inside the column. There are also special "clips" and a sold out flap. The clips attach to the gage bar  and the sold out flap is  unique and only available from vendo. Once you install the kit the money usually follows!

AZ Vendor,

Thanks for the response.  My language was not very clear. 

I did not know that the Red Bull cans could be 3 deep.  I didn't think the 2 foam spacers would be wide enough to cover the depth of the slot for 3 cans, so I adjusted the backstop set so cans would fit 2 deep in the slot. Since the rotor accepts 3, a can must of got dropped partially into that 3rd position and caused another can to become cockeyed and jammed things up.  

I'll also move the Red Bull to the far right slot and see that helps.  Thanks again!

Chris in bc,

I did not receive a separate sold out flap with this kit.  I'll have to follow up on this and have one delivered.

Thanks again, I'll report back after I test the suggestions.

Archived