Picked Up My First Machines Today

2dudes

Pretty darn excited about my first machines.  Although they are Vendstar 3000's and I have read the +/-'s about them, I decided I couldn't pass up the deal.  At $14 a piece for 13 machines, I don't think I will have any issues making that back once I get them located.  They need a good cleaning and all came with bases except one, all of the trays are intact and in good condition, one canister has a small crack, a few (4) coin trays are missing and one door needs to be repaired.  What do you think?

Is it worth spray painting them and then clear coating or should I just send them out and see what they do?

Pretty darn excited about my first machines.  Although they are Vendstar 3000's and I have read the +/-'s about them, I decided I couldn't pass up the deal.  At $14 a piece for 13 machines, I don't think I will have any issues making that back once I get them located.  They need a good cleaning and all came with bases except one, all of the trays are intact and in good condition, one canister has a small crack, a few (4) coin trays are missing and one door needs to be repaired.  What do you think?

Is it worth spray painting them and then clear coating or should I just send them out and see what they do?

Congrats and welcome.

Send some of them out as-is and see what they do.

Sounds like at least 5 to 10 of the machines you bought are usable.

Put the best looking/working machines on location and service them a couple times.

Make sure you like this biz before you invest the money to fix the broken and worn machines.

5-10 machines should give you a decent idea of how bulk vending works and whether or not you like this industry.

Only invest in those machines needing work AFTER you find bulk vending is what you want.

If you find you don't like vending after trying it with 5-10 machines, then at least you didn't spend extra time and more money fixing up equipment you no longer want.

People knock vend star but if it takes money and gives product then it's ok. Good luck and happy vending

What up H&A?  You feeling all right?  This ain't your normal response.

What up H&A? You feeling all right? This ain't your normal response.

We if he said that he wanted to place them next to red box at Walmart I'm sure I would have not responded the same lol. But to try out the biz they are fine. But he should save the income from them to build up his business and buy racks.

I always said I wouldn't have a vendstar. Then purchased about 30 in a lot with other top machines. To tell you the truth I have had them for about 3 years now. And have not had any problems. Now when I find them cheap enough I buy them.

Archived