Fastcorp F631

loach33

I saw one of these machines at an ice rink.  It sits in the lobby where it's a typical 60-70 degrees.  This machine has no cutout in the back where you can see a compressor.  I never hear it run, yet evidently it's always cold in there.   How do these things work?

I ask about this machine because I have a location that had a ff2000 machine that I had set to frozen.  The compressor died recently.  It's sitting shut off right now.  This location has the machines sitting on a loading dock so in the summer they basically sit outside.   They like ice cream there but really I don't think they like it enough to justiify replacing that compressor.

But I wonder about other options.  I'm either going to have to fix that compressor, pull the extra machien altogether while they say it's OK but knowing they would rather have that machine, or replace with an entirely different machine.....something like this fastcorp.

Now I know this particular model is an old one.  Again, not looking to spend a lot of money as the volume isn't there.  Kind of a "break even" machine in order to have the other two machines there.

Is there another machine I should look toward?   They basically want ice cream and in the summer candy bars kept cold because I can't keep them in the snack machine.

The F631 is a great machine and it could possibly handle the loading dock location depending on the temps in the summer.  I can tell you that the FF2000 should never have been outside at all where it would see any temps above 90 especially if there was high humidity.  That is a death sentence for that machine as the compressor airflow is already severely inhibited from the cabinet design and they have enough trouble cooling in an air conditioned room.  You are looking at $800 to $1000 for a new compressor in that machine due to all the work involved in that particular job. 

You can expect to pay $1000 or more for a 631 unless you can find a smoking deal on one.  Regardless, since this will be used outdoors in a hot location you will need to refurb the machine including pulling the freezer out so you can clean all dirt out from around the compressor.  The 631 can be modified for a hot environment by adding an external condenser to the back of the cabinet, but you would need a very competent refrigeration tech who would know how to do that.  You may not have to go to that extreme for your location.  There are lots of modified 631s here that have been put into hot environments including the local Zoo where it gets to 118 degrees in the shade in the summer. 

The 631 is by far the best choice for your loading dock.  You might even find a newer Z400 version to use.  There are fewer factory parts available for the 631 because of its age, but lots of parts are available on the aftermarket and I have a good stock of them as well.  The Z400 is much newer so besides it's bubble front look, it also has full support from the factory. 

Now, getting to the "volumn isn't there;" perhaps this isn't a good location for an Ice Cream machine.  You should not be subsidizing this machine with sales from your soda and snack machines.  If this machine can't turn it's own reasonable profit then it should not be there.  You also mention that you would like to keep your chocolate cold in the summer.  Well, no frozen machine is a solution for that.  You can't freeze candy bars and avoid them turning white and being inedible.  You probably need a chilled snack machine such as an AMS machine.  You could also put a Chill Factor cooler on top of a snack machine and chill it that way for a lot less than buying a different machine.

You should reevaluate this location and decide where your money is better spent, especially if your machines are stuck on the outdoor dock.  If you have an older snack you could put the Chill Factor on the top of it for about $500 for a used one (they aren't made new anymore), and I can provide a used unit for you.  Or you could change out your USI snack for an AMS chilled snack, or you can pull the FF2000 and put in a 631 or a Z400.

All food for thought.

Thanks again.  Yeah, agreed on the outside use.  Kind of used what I had and it got me three years

Some guy in Georgia has multiples of that 631 for $700 or less.....Description says they work?  I'd have to buy blind though so I don't know that I'd do that.   I saw a video about how they work.  I assume I can't really put sandwiches, burritos, etc in there in place of a few of the ice cream slots?

I remember reading about that Chill Factors.  I assume this would be the most cost effective - even if it means no ice cream.  I would have to run it for just about 5 months.

I have a USI HR 32 in there.  It has the red display board......the one that runs the satellite FF2000.

I'd be interested in that used Chill Factor but I know nothing about their reliability, etc.

PS - check your mail.  I got those dividers for the Chill Center but they aren't the right ones.

The 631 can be configured for frozen food items as well as ice cream.  You simply use bins that fit the products you want to vend up to a 6" pizza.

The Chill Factors are pretty reliable.  I would have new fan motors on it as those are the most often replaced parts.  The compressors last as long as a soda machine if you keep the condenser clean and monitor the condensing fan air flow.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked one of these machines up, and it needs some TLC but I have come to find out it has been discontinued.  Anyone have any ideas on where I can find parts for this machine?  I specifically need some sort of graphic kit for the machine and i need the part that holds the product cards in place on the inside of the glass..Thanks!

Welcome to the forums vendinggary!  I have many parts available for the F631.  You can PM me for what it is you are looking for.  Photos would be a big help if you need graphics for one. 

Archived