Welcome to the forum, Tommy.  Are you in the US?  Do you realize this link is to a European machine that is probably not imported to the US?  The Automat format was very popular in the 40's and 50's and was one of the first coin operated formats used in cafeterias.  They were banked together as this link shows and many different types of products were sold from them. 

I find it comical to read all of the typos and lack of understanding of the English language in this link.  They also make it sound like no work is ever performed to fill it.  This format is no longer viable unless in a cafeteria style setting and with the advent of Micro Markets here in the US, there's truly no need for the antiquated Automat design.

Thanks AZVendor :)

No, I´m from Denmark..

I can see that this it not your choice of vending machine ;) 

The reason i found it interesting is the way it is operated, a bit like an extra clerk.. And it would be possible to sell many items in a short time..

But i can see after a bit of research that there have been some attempts on this "concept", and they have not succeeded - except in the netherlands, there you can find them in many places..

I

I

The idea of it being "an extra clerk" is the entire idea behind vending machines of any kind.  Here in the US we call vending machines "the silent salesman."  You can use any kind of vending machine and put yourself in the "automatic merchandising" world, it doesn't have to be an Automat style machine.  The Automat has to be built into a wall of some sort whereas a vending machine will be freestanding anywhere.

I think the best way to utilize the Automat is in the way they have always been deployed before - load up a wall of them with a secured space behind them with access to the backs for filling, then an open area in the front of them with tables and chairs for customers to eat at.  This was the way it was implemented in the "old days" when the entire locations were called Automats (that's where the name came from).  These cafeteria-style locations were so busy that the only way the machines could be filled without interrupting the customers was to do it from the back.  This idea actually prevailed when the first carousel cold food and 3-door ice cream machines were manufactured by Vendo and National Vendors.  Those stand-alone machines actually had keylock panels on the back so they could also be banked into a wall and serviced from behind.

There are currently no vending machine used in the US that will vend pre-heated food.  That went by the wayside many years ago.  There may be hot food machines in Europe, but I am not aware of any specific models.  Check if Wittenborg (if they still exist), Stentorfield or Jofemar produce anything like what you want.

• 1 month later...

There are currently no vending machine used in the US that will vend pre-heated food.  That went by the wayside many years ago.  There may be hot food machines in Europe, but I am not aware of any specific models.  Check if Wittenborg (if they still exist), Stentorfield or Jofemar produce anything like what you want.

yeah, the last of the hot food machines here had soup and other stuff in single serve cups. now they use a fridge machine and a microwave.

I remember those old campbells soup machines, wow that was a while ago

Jofemar has the Gourmet Machine or the Microwave tower..

Thanks for sharing, I did not know about this machine.

It's a cool concept, but I don't think any but the largest vending operations would be interested in their own food prep and packaging. There is only one operator in my area that does their own food preparation, everyone else either buys prepackaged or doesn't do food.

It does look like it could handle prepackaged frozen dinners if the tray is the right size but I would think that the investment for this machine still makes it a difficult proposition for most.

Jofemar has the Gourmet Machine or the Microwave tower..

Thank for sharing... have you worked on this machine?

It does look like it could handle prepackaged frozen dinners 

They do a refrigerated & frozen version of this machine.. not sure about having the inbuilt microwave version as this would be more thing that could malfunction inside the machine.

Thanks for sharing, I did not know about this machine.

It's a cool concept, but I don't think any but the largest vending operations would be interested in their own food prep and packaging. There is only one operator in my area that does their own food preparation, everyone else either buys prepackaged or doesn't do food.

It does look like it could handle prepackaged frozen dinners if the tray is the right size but I would think that the investment for this machine still makes it a difficult proposition for most.

That i know of there is like 30 Gourmets in use here in the USA.. its an expensive machine..Not sure but think its like 15k, its a fresh food machine not frozen. The frozen machine is called the ICEPLUS food. this one can link to the microwave tower.  The video of the gourmet was done by sealed air that focuses on the packaging but really any food processor with their own packaging will work. The vacuumed food presentation is nice though..i agree there are not many operators doing food, that's why i think it would be a good nitch, Many operators are scared because of the "Waste" or "Spoiled" food, but the reality is that you stock and develop patterns and trends. You will know when the machine needs to filled to capacity of just half...of course theres always some waste, but with good profit margins.....its not felt. -- cheers

Thank for sharing... have you worked on this machine?

They do a refrigerated & frozen version of this machine.. not sure about having the inbuilt microwave version as this would be more thing that could malfunction inside the machine.

I have. There was One in MIAMI fl, at a hospital, i went to service the bill reader and Elevator dispensing system. A motor had gone bad after 3 years. The owner had no issue in replacing the motor since it was a slamming account,.. The bill reader..well he needed a new one, the wheels and motor was shot. overall the account was happy specially with the quality of the food.. he had teamed up with a local restaurant as the food prep guys. I never ate a sample though. . 

Are they the versions with the inbuilt microwave

Yes, they did a project with a culinary arts school, that ordered them... i don't know much about the program though...or even where they are at...I personally like the Vision Menu and Microwave tower option better.. less moving parts and 110VAC..  The gourmet is 220VAC

I have. There was One in MIAMI fl, at a hospital, i went to service the bill reader and Elevator dispensing system. A motor had gone bad after 3 years. 

How do you find the reliability with Jofemar machines in general?

I guess 3 year is not to bad going for a motor on a dispensing system.. How do you find the elevator bins on the other models?

I also like the look of their easyflex shelving system..

Yes, they did a project with a culinary arts school, that ordered them... i don't know much about the program though...or even where they are at...I personally like the Vision Menu and Microwave tower option better.. less moving parts and 110VAC..  The gourmet is 220VAC

I agree with you regarding the microwave tower being the better option.. I think USI & Fas built a machine with an inbuilt microwave but I would think it would be alot easier to replace a microwave on a tower than to remove on from a machine.

How do you find the reliability with Jofemar machines in general?

I guess 3 year is not to bad going for a motor on a dispensing system.. How do you find the elevator bins on the other models?

I also like the look of their easyflex shelving system..

I agree with you regarding the microwave tower being the better option.. I think USI & Fas built a machine with an inbuilt microwave but I would think it would be alot easier to replace a microwave on a tower than to remove on from a machine.

There machines are good. I've mainly worked on their vision series. Its a WAY Simple machine. Very modular. The combo is a great machine for those not so big accounts, if the account grows you can always slave the first one which is a nice feature.  I LOVE THE EASYFLEX system. allows for easy configuring and adjusting.. I remember when i worked mainly on AP's and had a ton of coils laying around..I have seen these machines selling goshhh almost everything and anything that fits thru the door.. Medical mmj, gold bars, sunglasses, ecigs u name it... Thats why i like the Jofemar systems... easily adaptable.. They also have a high resale value... Being that some franchises uses their machines and when they sell used, they sell almost for the same price as new. Of course only people buying them at those prices are the same franchisees LMAOOOO.. ive heard of people paying upwards of 12-13K just for ONE.  Thats nuts.... New they like 6k or less.. i have a contact at the miami facility if you ever want to speak direct to them. in MIAMI they have a full lineup showroom, training rooms, Parts warehouse and do tech support. 

There machines are good. I've mainly worked on their vision series. Its a WAY Simple machine. Very modular. The combo is a great machine for those not so big accounts, if the account grows you can always slave the first one which is a nice feature.  I LOVE THE EASYFLEX system. allows for easy configuring and adjusting.. I remember when i worked mainly on AP's and had a ton of coils laying around..I have seen these machines selling goshhh almost everything and anything that fits thru the door.. Medical mmj, gold bars, sunglasses, ecigs u name it... Thats why i like the Jofemar systems... easily adaptable.. They also have a high resale value... Being that some franchises uses their machines and when they sell used, they sell almost for the same price as new. Of course only people buying them at those prices are the same franchisees LMAOOOO.. ive heard of people paying upwards of 12-13K just for ONE.  Thats nuts.... New they like 6k or less.. i have a contact at the miami facility if you ever want to speak direct to them. in MIAMI they have a full lineup showroom, training rooms, Parts warehouse and do tech support. 

Thanks for your informed opinion.. I really appreciate it

Thanks for the offer with the contact you have in Miami also but because I live outside of the US & we use 230v equipment I may not be able to take you up on that.

I know there is alot of negativity in the US towards using machines that are not US manufactured & I understand the reasons for this but I will definitely will be keeping an open mind toward Jofemar thanks to you.

How would you rate their coffee equipment?

They are well known for coffee..I think Russia is the biggest market for them currently.. The g-250 is the one I have at home ..... I bought one for my house after throwing away a ton of money on home brewers and k cup machines...

Very easy to operate and maintain..

Drawbacks:

Only one size cup 8oz (here in the USA people want, 12oz.)

Stir stick dispenser is useless... Can't find the right size sticks for the 8 oz.

Decaf container is useless... Nobody drinks decaf, I put hazelnut in mine and have like 5 selections with hazelnut flavor now..

Small water tank.... I recommend plumbing to the wall.. Actually the water tank is an option.. It doesn't come with it... So don't waste ur time buying it, unless u wanted to test the location first before paying for a plumber...

Besides that.. It's a great machine... Like all coffee machines, it requires maintenance at least on a week...

Also... The Marley coffee group tested 7 coffee machines and the jofemar was the only one that help up the 6 month test market with no issues... That's why they decided to go with jofemar as there manufacture ...

Really... U can't go wrong

With their coffee machines. I tried selling mine and my wife almost kicked me out of the house !

Archived