Rowe 5900 and Mei Vn2511 problem

moondog

I have a Rowe 5900 with an Mei VN2511 that's paired with a TRC6000 mech.  The display says " Use exact change only".  I've swapped out the BA and loaded the coin tubes to no avail.  The BA is flashing twice which indicates that it's not connected to the mech.  On the Rowe there is no direct harness connection from the mech to the BA like other machines use.

If the machine works fine on coins, try refilling the coin tubes using the tube fill program. It's likely that if you haven't been using that mode when adding change then the machine probably thinks it's out of change in the nickle tube, inhibiting the validator. The 5900 snacks all require the use of this feature or this issue will eventually come up.

If the machine works fine on coins, try refilling the coin tubes using the tube fill program. It's likely that if you haven't been using that mode when adding change then the machine probably thinks it's out of change in the nickle tube, inhibiting the validator. The 5900 snacks all require the use of this feature or this issue will eventually come up.

Thanks Randy,  the nickel tube was quite low and I do fill them manually.  This is my only active Rowe so I'll need to consult the manual to wake this sucker up

This is a common mistake made when people operate the Rowe 5900 and the 548 food machines because they don't realize that these boards must have correct coin counts all the time or this type of problem will occur.  I've seen them show Use Coins Only when all three tubes are full and the operator doesn't understand why so they change the coin mech and get the same message.  It's just part of the learning curve.

This is a common mistake made when people operate the Rowe 5900 and the 548 food machines because they don't realize that these boards must have correct coin counts all the time or this type of problem will occur.  I've seen them show Use Coins Only when all three tubes are full and the operator doesn't understand why so they change the coin mech and get the same message.  It's just part of the learning curve.

Looks like I'll have to empty the mech out and add nickels one by one and vend a couple of candy bars - can I preload the quarters and dimes?

No, the proper way to do it is to pull the mech and dump the coins out (they don't need to be separated).  Put the mech back in and go into the Coin Count menu.  At this point, as with any other type of Tube Fill programming in other machines, you can just randomly feed your coins into the top of the coin mech and the machine will count them at each coins value and by coin.  If you get one that's rejected it means it went in a little too fast.  When it reject all of one denomination, or puts them in the coin box (I can't remember which) that will mean that tube is full to the top sensor.

No, the proper way to do it is to pull the mech and dump the coins out (they don't need to be separated).  Put the mech back in and go into the Coin Count menu.  At this point, as with any other type of Tube Fill programming in other machines, you can just randomly feed your coins into the top of the coin mech and the machine will count them at each coins value and by coin.  If you get one that's rejected it means it went in a little too fast.  When it reject all of one denomination, or puts them in the coin box (I can't remember which) that will mean that tube is full to the top sensor.

Feed them in one at a time? - what fun.  The guy that came up with that needs his golpher kicked  ;D

Sorry the first post is for 548

This one is 5900

http://www.gadvending.com/books/Rowe/Rowe%205900%20Manual.pdf

Page 3-3 tells you how to add coins to the inventory in the computer.

Later software has a coin sense option.

I think the best way is to fill the tubes and then buy with coins.

Walt

Sorry the first post is for 548

This one is 5900

http://www.gadvending.com/books/Rowe/Rowe%205900%20Manual.pdf

Page 3-3 tells you how to add coins to the inventory in the computer.

Later software has a coin sense option.

I think the best way is to fill the tubes and then buy with coins.

Walt

Thanks Walt - I didn't have a manual for this dinosaur so that'll save me some time - you're saying if I just make a couple of coin purchases,  I can wake it up without all the manual coin loading?

Thanks Walt - I didn't have a manual for this dinosaur so that'll save me some time - you're saying if I just make a couple of coin purchases,  I can wake it up without all the manual coin loading?

Explains options on loading coin mech in the manual on page 2-4.. you will see there are three methods of loading the coin mech.

I think the best way to get the coin tubes in sync with the machines computer.

1 Manually fill all the tubes in the coin mech to capacity.

2 Close the machines door.

3 Buy something using at least one of each type of coin.

4 listen to be sure the coins land in the cash box.

5 Read the display the use correct change message should be gone.

This may not work on every machine but it works on most.

Greenwick MDB boards need to see 10 of each coin vend to start working correctly.

Walta

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the beast fixed (I think) Popped in a new empty coin mech, hit #1 on machine for fill mode and began the painful process of loading all the coins - took me 45 minutes and when I was done the A-hole still had "use correct change" on the display.  Unfortunately I didn't have my sledge hammer with me so, as a last resort, I made a couple of purchases using all the coins and got it to accept bills finally. All in all,  a lot of necessary irritation. :'(

Please note all 5900 will display “USE COINS ONLY” for 30 seconds after you close the door.

If you push the coin return you can clear the message sooner.

Walta

Please note all 5900 will display “USE COINS ONLY” for 30 seconds after you close the door.

If you push the coin return you can clear the message sooner.

Walta

If I had had my sledgehammer, 30 seconds would not have been near soon enough Walt  ;D

• 3 years later...

I have a 5900 JR, it had a bad Rowe Bill Aceptor, i removed it and ordered a Mars 2511

In the mean time, i tried to start vending with coins only, it was not accepting coins neither, i read a couple of threads that it was not filled correctly, so i tried that with no luck, i ordered another coin mech, as a temporal "  fix " i had the last solenoid " stuck ", so that all coins go directly to the coin box, and now its vending with coins with no problem, only if they put a slug in it, it will not return it, so i will go directly to the cash box

I got my MEI 2511, after cutting up and adapting it, i finally got it installed ( with is proper conversion cables from Rowe to Mars ) and it actually gets bills, but i does not show credit, even weirder, if i put a quarter, and then the dollar bill, it actually ads to $ 1.25, but when i pick a product, the dollar " dissapears ", and it shoes $ 0.25 right away...

Hope you guys can help me out

Best Regards

On 3/7/2014 at 10:00 AM, moondog said:

Feed them in one at a time? - what fun.  The guy that came up with that needs his golpher kicked  ;D

If it makes you feel any better he probably lost that job 15 years ago. 

If I remember right, there was a way to tell the board how many of each coin was added, I just have CRS today:(

6 hours ago, lacanteen said:

If it makes you feel any better he probably lost that job 15 years ago. 

If I remember right, there was a way to tell the board how many of each coin was added, I just have CRS today:(

You have to press 0 until it gets to some menu and then you use 1 I think to scroll.. and then you press some other buttons to increase or decrease the quantity.  I had to do it for two 5900's regularly when I got them on location for $100 each (and royal 650s for $700/each).  Once I pulled all the machines from location, I took the TRC-6000s and VN 2511s out and had the machines scrapped.  I have to say, out of all the rowes I have had (about 5), they were all solid and pretty reliable and.. even the shelves felt very sturdy and much more solid than any AP machines, but I also got tired of getting the skin cut off the tops of my hands because the plastic was machined so sharp on the shelves that it would actually scrape the skin off of me.  Good machines, just obsolete.

Archived