DN 5591 bad coin bounce?

I have a 5591 that is giving me some problems.  Under the coin mech, there is a white plactic chute that on one side directs coins from the mech tubes into the coin return cup and on the other side directs overflow coins into the coin box.  Above the coin box, there is a small metal shelf that essentially sits just under the coin return cup.  I am finding occasional coins (quarters only) on top of the shelf.  It appears as tho they are hitting the coin return cup so hard that they are bouncing back up and landing on the shelf?  There is a small (1") gap between the top of the coin return cup and the bottom of the white plastic chute.  I could rig something to cover that gap, but worry that quarters will get stuck anyway.  Is there an updated longer chute or taller coin return cup?  I am sure a pic would help, but I forgot to take one!

Thanks!

This is not an unusual problem with this style of lower coin chute below the coin mech.  Wrap some paper around the chute to extend it to just above the c/r cup and tape the paper around the chute.  This will deter coins from bouncing out.  If you still see coins on the coin box or laying in the machine then make sure that the part of the lower chute that collects the dispensed coins from the coin mech still has a flexible flap along the top edge that sits just in front of the bottom edge of the coin mech.  This flap will prevent any coins from slipping out from under the coin mech and out into the door area.  Make sure the coin mech is not sitting on the flap.  Also check for proper alignment of the upper chute leading to the top of the coin mech as some coins could miss the coin mech altogether or bounce and ricochet out of the top inlet chute.

Archived