price to install credit card validating

Your machine has to already be using MDB coinage or be capable of converting to MDB in order to install any card readers.  If you have to convert it to MDB then you will also need to add an MDB coin mech and validator. 

You can get card readers from USA Technologies for $239 each right now, I believe.  They aren't hard to manage but there are fees involved which you probably have read about.  You should also have a high volume machine or prices over $1 to make it affordable fee-wise. 

The hardware is only 1 of 4 the costs involved.

1 The hardware 230.00 to 300.00 per machine.

2 Monthly data fee 10.00 to 15.00 per machine

3 Transaction fees .15 per transaction or 6.5% whichever is greater.

4 Onetime activation fees 35.00 per unit.

Walta

My card reader probably barely pays for itself. The industry said we would be all cashless by 2020 or so but I don't see that happening that soon. Regardless of that, I'm pretty happy with my usat card reader

My card reader probably barely pays for itself. The industry said we would be all cashless by 2020 or so but I don't see that happening that soon. Regardless of that, I'm pretty happy with my usat card reader

IMO going totally cashless is only going to happen if the gov't decides to stop making currency and forces it to happen.

My problem with going to CC readers right now has more to do with the advent of EMV - I'd hate to drop all that money on the current readers just to see them obsolete in two years.

Mr Cheapo,

The credit card system that Coke uses has experienced some  confusion with some users, because the slot for the card and notes are close to each other some users have been placing their card into the wrong slot and effectively losing their cards and having to ring coke for help in retrieving them. This has been a problem at some airports which has seen customers jump onto an aircraft without their card lol. 

I will be installing credit car readers onto some of my machines next week and the cost of the reader plus the monitoring (packaged as one) costs approx. $685 tax inclusive. The readers I am installing will be a separate unit to the note reader and as such a different hole will be made to the front of the vendor for installation. 

I just got my first reader up and running week before last. Cost was $239 from USATech with 5.95% cc fees. Went with two-tier pricing to cover that. (adds .10 per item & I haven't heard a complaint yet) I put it on a BEVMAX 4. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my first reader up and running week before last. Cost was $239 from USATech with 5.95% cc fees. Went with two-tier pricing to cover that. (adds .10 per item & I haven't heard a complaint yet) I put it on a BEVMAX 4. 

Which card reader did you get?

• 2 weeks later...

I received 3 more G9's yesterday from USA - they seem to be much faster then the Edge....Yes they also told me they do not make the Edge no more

I didn't go with the G8 because you do not get Real Time Reporting like the Edge and G9 from what im being told.

I believe the edge is being fazed out do to the new EVM cards

Did USATech have any new EMV Card Reader on view at the Oneshow?

I read an article about a EMV add-on that they were releasing but can't seem to find any info on their website.

Did USATech have any new EMV Card Reader on view at the Oneshow?

I read an article about a EMV add-on that they were releasing but can't seem to find any info on their website.

Yes Kiwi. The G9 is EMV ready.

One other thing that just occurred to me that we haven't talked about; USATech will lease equipment if you order at least 10 units and you can, at any time along the way, pay them off which then reduces your monthly fees. I think this is the route I am going rather than buying each unit up front. 

I spent a good bit of time at NAMA comparing the different cashless and telemetry systems. I am all but settled on USATech for cashless and the telemetry hardware and Parlevel for VMS. I am going to see a demo of Cantaloupe's Seed system but, in the end, they will be more expensive. 

Parlevel seems to be a great little startup that is very hungry for business and willing to go the extra mile in service and support. 

Yes Kiwi. The G9 is EMV ready.

Can you tell me how a EMV card is read on the G9.. do you insert card (like the Nayax smart reader) or is it a tap card?

I spent a good bit of time at NAMA comparing the different cashless and telemetry systems. I am all but settled on USATech for cashless and the telemetry hardware and Parlevel for VMS. I am going to see a demo of Cantaloupe's Seed system but, in the end, they will be more expensive. 

Parlevel seems to be a great little startup that is very hungry for business and willing to go the extra mile in service and support. 

I have never herd of Parlevel so thanks for sharing...  What other features do you like about their system?

I believe EMV on the eport is a swipe just like magstrip cards.

Most of the current VMS available are similar in features. Remote monitoring, Dynamic routing, pre-kitting etc. What has set Parlevel apart is service/support, the willingness to adapt or create features to fit the operators needs and overall price, e.g. while listening to their presentation in the Learning Center on Friday, a guy asked about matching machine and money bag by barcode scanning. They said they will look at it. When I talked to Alan on Friday, it sounds like they may add it, though it may be sometime out.

Cantaloupe Seed and Parlevel will allow you to add "offline" machines to the system and pre-kit based on historical data but Cantaloupe wants $2.99/ month for each offline machine. Parlevel, oth, isn't charging anything so if I have a 100 machines that are mdb/dex ready and 50 that aren't, Parlevel is a significant monthly savings over Cantaloupe.

Parlevel also flies their guy in so he can help install the necessary hardware and train everyone you want trained on using the software. In, I venture to guess, 6 months or less, Parlevel with have most if not all of the features available that Cantaloupe does.  

One other thing to consider, if using USATech, you can lease the equipment and pay each unit off as you choose which reduces the monthly fee on that unit. Cantaloupe has no such option, you are literally renting the equipment. I can see the pros & cons of both but big picture, I think, says USATech is better. Not to mention promotional and loyalty programs they have available. 

Not sure if it was this thread or another talking about smart phone and e-wallets, this acceptance is increasing steadily and smart phone saturation is above 70%, iow, over 70% of all mobile phones are now smart phones. Add to this that all android devices are already NFC capable and, I think this is going to be on top of us faster than we think. It very well could explode quickly. And don't forget, the current issue with possible changes to coins. 

If Apple adds NFC tech to the next iPhone, I would all but count on mobile wallet use to take off rapidly. Although, currently Android phones, as a whole (not one in particular) are outselling the iPhone. 

Regardless of the size of your operation. I think it's time to consider adding cashless and VMS. I don't know how big or small most of you are; I'm not big (about 150 machines) and I'm moving in that direction sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your detailed answer & I can see why you are steering towards going with Parlevel.

Like I said I had never heard of Parlevel before you mentioned them.. Are they a new company? How long have they been around for? 

They are a San Antonio based company so maybe mission would of know of them. 

They are two years old. Alan, (the guy I spent most of my time talking to) owned a vending company until recently when he sold it to get on board with Parlevel, which was started by a friend of his. They seem to have great programmer and at least half of their team is dedicated to support services. 

Archived