Sticker Machine Fell Off Stand

dkochan

I received a phone call last night from one of my locations informing me that my 3-column sticker fell off the stand and injured a two year-old child. I had an A&A sticker machine mounted onto a Brand 2-column sticker machine stand. The stand broke at the bottom of the stand.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Incidents like this is why it's important to have liability insurance.

post-195-139441782995_thumb.jpgpost-195-139441784441_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Damn, Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, who is your liability with? Keep us posted. Only the second time I've heard of an injury. The first one I heard of was a lady tripped over a curb and hit her head on a kiddie ride. It caused the Operators Kiddie Ride insurance to go up. I have State Farm, although I've never had to try to use it.

and this, my friends, is why you use a commercial stand, not a homemade one-so you can blame it one the mfg of the stand

might not work if it had >2 colums, as this was only designed for a 2 col

You also need to use the parts for their own purpose. If this was an AA stand and AA machine that were designed to use together than liability would go to AA as long as you did not make changes to it. But mixing brands and parts makes the operator liability kick it.

Even if it was an a & A machine on an A & A rack or Brand on Brand the manufacturer would come up with some BS about how you did not put together properly.

IMHO in this instance the bolts were overtorqued based on the limited information.

Another thing, The 2 year old was probably trying to climb ther machine and the bolts were so tight that the stress just snapped them.

I have some tripple bars I aquired when buying a guy out and I've never used them cause it freaks me out to see three vistas on a regular pipe stand.

The brand sticker stand is not designed to hold a 3 column  A & A Sticker machine, they barely hold a 2 column brand sticker machine,They are a very weak stand.  

A & A has a great stand for the 2 and 3 column sticker machines they sell. Those stands have never been a problem.

The brand sticker stand is not designed to hold a 3 column A & A Sticker machine, they barely hold a 2 column brand sticker machine,They are a very weak stand.

A & A has a great stand for the 2 and 3 column sticker machines they sell. Those stands have never been a problem.

I agree my AA flat stands have lasted very well

I received a phone call last night from one of my locations informing me that my 3-column sticker fell off the stand and injured a two year-old child. I had an A&A sticker machine mounted onto a Brand 2-column sticker machine stand. The stand broke at the bottom of the stand.

Sorry you have this going on.

Hope it all works out for you and also hope the child is ok.

I agree my AA flat stands have lasted very well

The only thing I don't like about A & A flat stands is the little screw in floor things rust and break off then the stand leaves a rust ring on the floor.

Archived