Sticker machine identification

SeaGypsy

Hoping someone can help identify this machine.  I have a 2 column sticker machine (picture attached) where the key just spins in the lock.   No manufacturer on the machine itself but it resembles an Advanced ADV2 model.  They key has Y11 on one side and 21331 on the other side.   I'm assuming the cam lock is broken and will need to be removed.  In the picture it is the red one on left (the top is cut off) with a rounded edge textured finish and looks like casting with the top overlaping the upright pieces.  The lock is in the top.

post-8255-0-28977800-1394732544_thumb.jpg

I called AA Global and the key code is not one of theirs but it looks like the picture for the Advance so I'm thinking it is probably that one.  Is it possible to just replace the washer on the top?  If so, how would one get the cylinder out?

It's stuck in the locked position.  The key in cylinder just turns 360 but won't catch so it won't release.  I'm thinking about jamming a big screwdriver head in the lock and seeing if the cylinder will just pull out.

I called AA Global and the key code is not one of theirs but it looks like the picture for the Advance so I'm thinking it is probably that one.  Is it possible to just replace the washer on the top?  If so, how would one get the cylinder out?

Replacing the washer on top will still require you to remove the lock...so may as well drill it out.

Drilling a tubular lock is a lot harder than drilling out a regular lock.

But, it's not too bad.

Just make sure you don't force the bit, make sure you have a strong drill, AND make sure you take your time.

It's not a rush job.

Archived