Dixie Narco 501E and 276E , how to dispense 16oz monster energy drinks?

kram151

I was never able to get this to work so I called the guy that I bought the machine and he was able to.  I asked him what was wrong and he said he had to bend the shim.  This is the guy that also got the big Peace teas to vend out of this machine.  I like my Royals better, much easier to change products out.

• 2 years later...

I'm having difficulty getting my 276E to vend 16 ounce cans.  It's a shimless machine.  AZVendor was a huge help when I PM him but I couldn't send a picture that way.  To make a long story short it vends 16 oz every other attempt. I previously was vending 12 ounce cans from that column.  I'm pretty sure I just need to adjust the cam but I'm not sure how.  I'm also not sure why I cant manually advance the cam. None of them move when I trigger them but they move when I enter Bill's or coins and make a selection.  Im trying to vend the 16 ounce drinks from columns 5 and 6.  Any help would be really appreciated.   Thanks, Dan

Screenshot_20191007-203856_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, Drcpwen said:

I'm having difficulty getting my 276E to vend 16 ounce cans.  It's a shimless machine.  AZVendor was a huge help when I PM him but I couldn't send a picture that way.  To make a long story short it vends 16 oz every other attempt. I previously was vending 12 ounce cans from that column.  I'm pretty sure I just need to adjust the cam but I'm not sure how.  I'm also not sure why I cant manually advance the cam. None of them move when I trigger them but they move when I enter Bill's or coins and make a selection.  Im trying to vend the 16 ounce drinks from columns 5 and 6.  Any help would be really appreciated.   Thanks, Dan

Screenshot_20191007-203856_Gallery.jpg

Okay firstly... that doesn't look like a 276E at all.  It is 276t or something similar (but not a 276E).  Having said that, it should not be a "shimless" model that I know but, rather, it was designed for cans.

Secondly, I can't tell from your picture what the cam settings are.  Regardless, what you need to do is find a cam setting that has 2 notches in it.  I can't tell you what setting that is because, frankly, I don't know.  The machine should have already been setup to be 2-deep on 12-oz cans and I am not sure but I think it needs to be set to be 1-deep on 16 oz cans.  Maybe it fits 2 deep but I simply don't know because I only ever vended monster 1-deep in a shallow cabinet machine.  So, if you can't find a different cam setting with 2 notches in it that vends reliably, then you probably need to adjust everything to be 1-deep (meaning 1 notch in the cam, not option "1" but just one "hole" where the arm of the switch can fall into).

Again, that is NOT a 276E as a 276E is only similar to a 276t in that it has the same width and height on the cabinet.  Other than that, it's a very different machine.