Does anyone know how to buy directly from Tootsie Roll Company?

So I've decided to take the kind advice that a few of you have mentioned and include Tootsie Rolls as a product in our honor box business that my son and I are running. I called the Tootsie Roll company and they gave me the number of a local broker in our area who can get the Tootsie Rolls (2 and 1/2" long) to us in bulk for ONLY 5 Cents a piece!!!! I think Sam's Club and Costco are much more expensive than that. Anyway they sent me a credit application from the Tootsie Rool Company but there are a few problems that I see: 1) Tootsie Company asks for you for 4 credit references from the business and we don't have any business credit references unless a business checking account counts as one. 2) They ask you for something called a "Duns number" and I'm not exactly sure what that is. Can any of you please shed some light on this for us?  Have any of you ever bought directly from the Tootsie Roll company before?

You will have a hard time buying direct. Find a distributed from the broker. I have used footsie roll and they do well at 2 for .25. , and make sure to use the fruit rolls also, they sell 5 to 1 to choc.my cost is .03. I am changing to caramel cream as I posted earlier. I use acrylic boxes and footsie wrappers leave a film in the box and takes extra cleaning. Tootsie sold well $20-$25 avg a month. I like caramel better because I can mix with York's or sell alone at candy LOCATIONS . Keeps it simple.  If I can help let me know.  Harvey

DUNS number is your Dun and Bradstreet number, you wont have one. Unless you are buying tootsie rolls by the semi you wont be buying direct. Find a local supplier, it will be hard to beat a warehouse club for small quanities.

Archived