Another egg vendor (EBV)

havending

After Parsal brought the egg vendor back to life Coast to Coast came out with the monkey. And now S&B has the Dino. Each of the 3 versions have their own unique appeal. Parsal is most like the original that many of us grew up playing. It also has the most operator features and is well made of steel and those are the reasons I like it. The monkey is made with lots of wood and the monkey show is very short. I have not seen the S&B in person yet but I do know it comes in two designs and is about the same size as a route 66 candy crane. Guys like I said over a year ago the egg machines are here to stay. Also the EBV is here and companies are making the investment in them. All of these are priced the same and taking to these companies sales are very good.

I was about to start a post on this topic and figured I'd jump in on this one. I'm trying to decide what to buy new. The chicken does look good and reasonably priced. I did buy one Monkey which is around the same price,  and now they have the side box with the 5 compartments to put prizes in ...almost another grand added to it . I've heard good reports on the monkey/side box combo , but I'm wondering if a candy crane wouldn't be a better option. They are 2000,00 & up, but you can run .02 candy which would net a higher profit in the long run. I'm hoping on input from others to decide.

I was about to start a post on this topic and figured I'd jump in on this one. I'm trying to decide what to buy new. The chicken does look good and reasonably priced. I did buy one Monkey which is around the same price, and now they have the side box with the 5 compartments to put prizes in ...almost another grand added to it . I've heard good reports on the monkey/side box combo , but I'm wondering if a candy crane wouldn't be a better option. They are 2000,00 & up, but you can run .02 candy which would net a higher profit in the long run. I'm hoping on input from others to decide.

If you do the side case do it in a location where you can involve other machines. Maybe put prize keys in rack caps or attach to a ball or bear in a crane. For me I like the board in the chicken better than the two in the monkey. I also like that the chicken is ALL metal vs the large amount of wood in the monkey. How are monkey sales if you don't mind ?

If you do the side case do it in a location where you can involve other machines. Maybe put prize keys in rack caps or attach to a ball or bear in a crane. For me I like the board in the chicken better than the two in the monkey. I also like that the chicken is ALL metal vs the large amount of wood in the monkey. How are monkey sales if you don't mind ?

I got the monkey about 6 weeks ago...the side boxes weren't out yet. Mine is placed between a knobby ball crane on one side & a candy crane on the other. The monkey does 60.00 / 2 weeks while the candy does double & the knobby crane triple. I do have a friend in the biz , not sure what other stuff he runs with it, but he tells me his monkey did 300.00 the first 2 weeks with the side loaded with $10.00 prizes on a dollar /vend . As far as involving it with other machines, isn't the idea to put the keys in the eggs ?

I saw this TREASURE CASTLE online. Its $400 at their ebay store. Its a little different from chicken but I like Impulse Ind. machines and better price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TREASURE-CASTLE-Coin-Operated-Impulse-Industries-/141202447335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e0525be7

I wonder if you can put a crane door on there?  I wonder if their machine will recognize a dollar bill validator?  $400 is an attractive price and i have a few extra validators around the shop.

Can you elaborate on the programming on the chicken board or what sets it apart from the competition?

On the chicken you set every thing on one board using dip switches. On the monkey there is a board for some settings then there are two smaller boards used for pricing. Is it better or worse who knows but I hate having extra parts to replace ESP at what coast to coast charges. There was a dist selling new monkeys for around 1300 I think no freight just pay and take it.

And I didn't get one so that tells you how bad I want one.

There was a dist selling new monkeys for around 1300 I think no freight just pay and take it.

And I didn't get one so that tells you how bad I want one.

On THIS THREAD you posted this in reference to the Monkey:

"I have not tried a monkey yet but I will." and then, "I'm willing to spend the money to see if its good for me."

What made you change your mind about trying the Monkey?

On THIS THREAD you posted this in reference to the Monkey:

"I have not tried a monkey yet but I will." and then, "I'm willing to spend the money to see if its good for me."

What made you change your mind about trying the Monkey?

Not saying it's a bad machine or anything. But for me I'd rather not have all the thin wood that's I the monkey. And I'm not crazy about the extra electronics for the pricing. That makes 3 boards that can go bad. Recently I bought a PS from them and it went bad fast and I bought a board from them week later it's on sale and when I said somthing their reply was hey want to buy some plush.

every crane i own that is made in china or taiwan uses corner extruded aluminum channels as basis for their cabinets.. these are similar pcs that your windows in your house are made from but these are large corner pcs with 1/2 inch channels...

is what i'm getting at is these channels in the game factory they would stand up on floor of machine and slide the pcs of wood panels into them to make the box(the crane cabinet that is) and then when they get to top they put 1/4 inch tempered glass and then slide them in same channels but put rubber tubes (like breathing tubes) shoved in there the space to make it tight fit..some companies use other methods but all of these import cranes use this same cabinet building  technique and now its a industry standard as its cheap to do and it looks good..

the monkey business looks to be same technique ,1/2 plywood as body just like a toy soldier crane, toy chest, moonlight catcher, route 66, etc etc etc....

Have i had break ins in my cranes??? yes

when did they do the most monetary damage to me?? meaning damage to machine and money stolen.... when they broke into the metal parts of machine!!! as they are not easily replaced or fixed to look new again...if the wood got busted(which only a couple instances it did) it was easily fixed to look new again with some new vinyl decals,new pc of wood cut or wood filled and then new decal to cover it..

when they want in your machine they are gonna get in,,,,amusements isn't like bulk vending with machines that last 20-30 years, most machines if you get 10 years or more your doing great, so i for one wouldn't look at plywood vs metal as a game changer, it would be about price!!!

Archived