Revision doors - AP7000 Kit

I just bought my first revision door, it came with extra hinges, the ones on the machine look like they would fit ok. The directions are not clear to me if I should use these. Also there is a front PUSH cover in the kit but no mention of installing this in the video or in the manual. I would appreciate clarity if someone has done this before.

Welcome to the forum, amvending!  This is a great place to learn and share about vending. 

You will see Moondog along here shortly and he will be able to answer your questions as he has installed this door before.  Let us know how your install goes and if you are satisfied with the door when you get it finished.

It sounds like the hinges should probably be used since they included them in the kit, and VE doesn't just give things away.  The PUSH door is probably included so that the entire door looks new.  If your old one is good hang onto it for a spare.  I would actually hang on to the entire old door as you might need parts for other machines down the road.

Your complaint of poor instructions is becoming commonplace with Vendors Exchange.  My opinion of the aesthetics of the door is that it is good for putting a machine wrap on the door, otherwise I am partial to the original design.  Upgrading an original machine with a new logic board, credit display, guaranteed vend, LED lighting and a card reader can all be done with the original door in place. 

Again, let us know if you feel this is worth the investment.

You do not have to use the new hinges per se.  I always replace them with the new ones just because it doesn't make sense not to.  The only time you HAVE to use the new ones, is if you have an older 7000 on which you cannot remove the hinges from the door, i.e., they will unbolt from the machine, but are permanantly attached to the door itself.  Most versions of the 7000 allowed you to take both hinges off the door and off the machine, and reuse them.  There is nothing different about the VE hinges, and you don't have to use them to make the door work. 

As far as the push door, if you can figure out how to replace it, then I would do that as well.  When you have all those new parts, it doesn't make sense not to use them and make the machine look better and last longer.

The one thing you have to watch is the spacing and shimming when you are installing the door.  You need to make sure everything lines up right, and the door closes properly before you tighten the hinges up for the last time.  It may take a while on your first try, but doing it right is critical to proper door performance.  VE has videos showing how to install the door, and we will be producing our own soon as well.

I used the new hinges they worked well. The push cover was simply enough. Door is aligned. Thanks for the help. Now I need put the sensor on the shut and to program the dang thing.

Sounds like you're further along than I am - the manual is a criminal (maybe the French half is more detailed).  The vend door I got is plastic - no way I'm putting that on and the hinges took a lot of trial and error since the directions are pathetic.  I still have mine siting there - haven't tackled the harness hookup yet as the "manual" seems to have this phase completely omitted - let us know if/ when you get it figured out.

All done not too bad programming.programming. A little tight fitting credit card in the door.

I'm wallowing in shame - I've had this thing two months and it still isn't done.  Maybe I should get my butt in gear.  ;D

I have to have 5 done by Friday coming up. So I guess it's a matter of urgency. Gotta say the old door was beat up. Now new door, new board, dex ready, led lighting with motion energy saving, closer to ADA compliant, ccard able, bin sensor. I like it so far!

I'm wallowing in shame - I've had this thing two months and it still isn't done.  Maybe I should get my butt in gear.  ;D

Guess I'll have to fuel up the old airboat and scoot across their and hang that dang old door for you moondog?

I just don't want to embarrass you with your neighbors when I come roaring up your dead grass.

;D

Guess I'll have to fuel up the old airboat and scoot across their and hang that dang old door for you moondog?

I just don't want to embarrass you with your neighbors when I come roaring up your dead grass.

;D

No worries about the grass Cajun - we've recently replaced it with fake turf - I've finally achieved the ultimate state of sloth  ;D

No worries about the grass Cajun - we've recently replaced it with fake turf - I've finally achieved the ultimate state of sloth  ;D

OHHHHHHHHHH!

I love the fake stuff you slide for ever when you hit the sprayer loaded with soap on astro turf!

just like a kid on a slip n slide!

• 2 weeks later...

I just did 5 machines, I spent a few hours thoroughly cleaning the cabinets and painting them before hanging the doors. I think they turned out great. I have them in a very plush nice place and they seemed to be very pleased. I have credit card machines on them, have the golden eye working, seems good so far. Now I hope people use them! 

• 4 weeks later...

I have been adamantly against revision doors for some time now... but I must confess that I have reconsidered the technology.  I have several AP-7000's that are in decent shape.  One that comes to mind is on a location that has gone way downhill recently.  The sales are so poor lately that I wouldn't even want a 3-wide in there.  But this machine is in such nice shape... maybe an extra $1100+shipping would be worth it to transform the machine into "looks new/functions like new" quality but for a fraction of the cost of a new machine.  The things that I don't like are:

- VE programming doesn't seem user-friendly

- I heard bad things about the drop sensors when they were first introduced.

- I'm not sure if a stand-alone credit card reader can be installed on these.

- It looks better than a beat up old machine, but it's not the most visually appealing door in my opinion.

- Same old motors, spirals, wiring, etc...

Can you use stand-alone credit card readers?  Where do they mount?

Archived