New locks

I use "national" locks. They cost about $22 per lock and they fit into the cylinders a little deeper but they usually do well. The advantage is that you can set/unset/reset the barrels to work with different keys if someone ever got your keys. The disadvantage is that I have replaced about 3 oit of 30 in the past year. I think people try to pick them but give up when they can't but I get stuck with a damaged barrel.

Hi Tasty Vending, welcome to the forum.  You will be amazed at all the quality postings you will find on this site.

I can help you with new locks and keys if you would like a keyed-alike code for all your machines.  Send me a PM and I can give you the information.

I started out with the basic round hole locks all keyed alike but have since started switching to the more expensive Medico blade style as the cheaper ones stopped working after awhile.  You do get what you pay for.

If you need high security (pick and drill resistant) and cost is no problem Medico is the best in my opinion.

If you just need something to keep the door closed with the same key you can get a set of the locks that come with AMS machines for a very good price. This is fine as long as you understand every vendor in town likely has a copy of your key.

Walta

If you need high security (pick and drill resistant) and cost is no problem Medico is the best in my opinion.

If you just need something to keep the door closed with the same key you can get a set of the locks that come with AMS machines for a very good price. This is fine as long as you understand every vendor in town likely has a copy of your key.

Walta

How much does each plug cost?

I buy Medeco through Ra-lock. They have three different grades the 750, 950 and 1050. The 1050 is more resistant to pulling and drilling. I mostly get the 950 for about $22 & 1050 are great for public outdoor locations @ around $32 I think. 

I would stay away from the tubular key locks. I was told that there are about 50,000 possible combinations for that lock/key and that sounds high but I was called about working on a machine for the local hospital (because they were doing their own vending at the time) and guess what? They had the same key as one of mine. Yep, I started ordering high security locks the next day. 

Small time vendor like me I went with the blade style lock for the simple reason it is my code and nobody has the same key as me. I enjoy going to all my cold drink machines and the two AP 6600 I have with the same key!

I agree Cajun. When you order a Medeco, it's your key code and yours alone. And it is very nice having all machines keyed alike. Another reason to like Medeco because even different grades of locks can be keyed alike. When I'm finished changing locks, we will have 3 keys  & two triteq remotes over 2 routes in about 140 machines. 

I went with Cobramatic 7's from LSI with my own unique key code.  They can be changed to one of 8 separate keys.  They were around $12 each I think.  Haven't have any problems, but they certainly are not as tough as the Medeco.

Still a good choice though.

Archived