LED Lighting vs Traditional Flourescent

kiwi

Just wondering what everyone's view on LED upgrades are?

Is anyone using Vendors Exchange's EzConnect or Fluorescent Replacement tube's or are you making your own using LED strips?

I am considering upgrading to LED but the price here is still a little steep for my liking compared to using the old Fluorescent's.

They do call me.... MR CHEAP!!  ;D

Is anyone using Vendors Exchange's EzConnect or Fluorescent Replacement tube's or are you making your own using LED strips?

I am considering upgrading to LED but the price here is still a little steep for my liking compared to using the old Fluorescent's.

They do call me.... MR CHEAP!!  ;D

Well Mr, Cheap, I'd say contact Cajun, he found a source for about $20 a kit which is way cheaper than just replacing the fluorescent lamps.

Well Mr, Cheap, I'd say contact Cajun, he found a source for about $20 a kit which is way cheaper than just replacing the fluorescent lamps.

Well.... Mr (not so) Cheap....... are you using any of the VE options yourself?

You must have it on that new Revision Door you brought  ;D

Well.... Mr (not so) Cheap....... are you using any of the VE options yourself?

You must have it on that new Revision Door you brought  ;D

Like the Revision door I bought, my LED kit ( which I got at Costco for $35) is still sitting in the box - I did manage to extract it from that accursed bubble wrap.  I really need to stop buying stuff and get some projects finished.  Unfortunately right now it's time for another beer  ;D  alas the projects will have to wait.

......................... as you can tell, I'm pretty firm on my priorities.

Like the Revision door I bought, my LED kit ( which I got at Costco for $35) is still sitting in the box - I did manage to extract it from that accursed bubble wrap.  I really need to stop buying stuff and get some projects finished.  Unfortunately right now it's time for another beer  ;D  alas the projects will have to wait.

......................... as you can tell, I'm pretty firm on my priorities.

Your lucky they don't bubble wrap beer boxes then..... you would never get pissed! 

Moondog, you would be having a beer drought if you were asking Kiwi to pay........but then again kiwi beer  is to be avoided its trash lol !.

The upgrade kit from VE for an AP  costs around Aust $500 it includes the led lighting strip, drop sensor kit and the modern blue live display........place them in an old AP 122/123 snack and they look just fantastic , personally I think its worth the money, but then again I am not cheap unlike the dog and kiwi bird !. 

Moondog, you would be having a beer drought if you were asking Kiwi to pay........but then again kiwi beer  is to be avoided its trash lol !.

The upgrade kit from VE for an AP  costs around Aust $500 it includes the led lighting strip, drop sensor kit and the modern blue live display........place them in an old AP 122/123 snack and they look just fantastic , personally I think its worth the money, but then again I am not cheap unlike the dog and kiwi bird !. 

I imagine the economy in "The Land of Crappy Weather" is getting pretty tight Ron with all the good Ork and Rock Troll jobs gone.  Pretty soon they'll run out of Hobbit books to do and Kiwi will have a tough time even buying his own beer.  Given their size, I suspect Kiwi's clan was doing pretty good with the Rock Troll gig.  ;D

They do call me.... MR CHEAP!! ;D

For a frugal (not cheap) solution, I got 30 feet of cool white LED strip with a remote for $26.... installed it around the inside of a DN440.... Seems to light up the face fine for me, and uses hardly any extra electricity....

For a frugal (not cheap) solution, I got 30 feet of cool white LED strip with a remote for $26.... installed it around the inside of a DN440.... Seems to light up the face fine for me, and uses hardly any extra electricity....

Are these the strips that you can dissect into different sizes?

Yes... They seem to light up a soda machine sign pretty well.... Of course they're not as bright as a pair of fluorescents.... But its sufficient for my purposes....

I can post a pic next week (on vacation at Disneyland right now) when I get back if you want....

Yes... They seem to light up a soda machine sign pretty well.... Of course they're not as bright as a pair of fluorescents.... But its sufficient for my purposes....

I can post a pic next week (on vacation at Disneyland right now) when I get back if you want....

cr*p, id better start stealing all the deals on orange county craigslist...

Don't worry, Orange County is safe.... Although I DID ask my wife if we could take the truck in case I found a good deal..... I'm lucky to still be alive after that comment....

She just doesn't understand.....

Don't worry, Orange County is safe.... Although I DID ask my wife if we could take the truck in case I found a good deal..... I'm lucky to still be alive after that comment....

Disneyland eh? Not exactly the most frugal place I can think of - after you do that for a couple of days you won't have enough left for any machine buys.

Good thing your wife stopped you... Otherwise you'd return with a truck full of machines and pissed off wife and kids... Youd be too broke to visit Disney ...

Good thing your wife stopped you... Otherwise you'd return with a truck full of machines and pissed off wife and kids... Youd be too broke to visit Disney ...

Yeah but Donut would have a big smile on his face!

Archived