Hey Guys! I could use some help!

Hefald

Hello all,

My name is Jeff from Marquette Michigan. I am a Job Coach who works with mentally and physically impaired people who still want to be in the work force. One of my clients runs a vending machine as his own business. Recently the motherboard on his machine fried and he wants to get a replacement. I was hoping you could give us some help.The hard part about it, is that it is technically not my machine, so I am not allowed to pyhsyically move it. It is currently stationed at a machine shop,which by the way is a great location for his machine, and I have no way of getting the serial number. Also, the information about the machine as been lost because my client has moved from a couple different group homes over the years. Although I do not have information, I do have a couple of pictures and I will attach them. If you could help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. - Jeff

Links To Pics

http://i.imgur.com/RNtEUtF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0E8AW7H.jpg

Hello Jeff, welcome to the forums. 

Shane is correct that this machine is an import from 1800vending and is a model RS800.  I don't work on very many of the imported machines as parts can be virtually impossible to get in most cases.  You should contact 1800vending and see if they still support what they sold.  This machine might also have been built by Seaga for 1800vending, so you could contact them as well.  If this was built by Seaga, don't let that make you think you're out of the woods.  Seaga is notorious for poor support of their machines and they have some of the highest prices on parts in the industry.  Just be prepared for some sticker shock.

What symptom does the machine have that leads you to believe the board is "fried?"  You might just have a bad coin mech, if this machine actually has a real coin mech in it.  Be sure of your symptoms before you order any parts as you might end up buying something that won't fix your machine. 

I will tell you that no matter how nice the machine looks, you will always have trouble getting parts for anything not made in the US or supported by an actual manufacturer, and this includes most of the new machines sold on the internet.  This could just be the tip of the iceberg with this machine and you should decide up front how much your friend wants to put into it. 

If you don't have any luck with these ideas, then post your question in the Beverage and Food forum and perhaps one of the operators there will have some ideas, or even a spare part off a junk machine.

Thanks AZVendor for all the great information. The reason I believe that it is "fried", our PC Tech guy from the office looked at the board and noticed on the back of the board you could see where it was physically fried. Because it is not his "job" to find replacement parts, that's why I am currently doing it. Also, the last time that we had the board hooked up to the machine, the display would not work at all. I will take you advice and contact both companies to find out if I can get any parts. It is just very difficult when I myself do not have all the information that I need. I really appreciate all the help and the hospitality that came with my experience on this forum. I really appreciate it guys! Thanks again!

Archived