What are the most reliable drink machines?

VendAUS

Hope this finds you all well.

I began vending last month with a Merlin IV 650..... so far so good. 

I was wondering if you experienced people in the vending community could tell me which are the most reliable and problem free drink machines & drink/snack machines?

Initially I'll be vending on construction sites where the guys are pretty abusive. The machines will be under cover but possibly subject to a little dust here and there, dispensing approximately 750 vends per week.

Any advice or tips on machine reliability & maintenance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

Hope this finds you all well.

I began vending last month with a Merlin IV 650..... so far so good. 

I was wondering if you experienced people in the vending community could tell me which are the most reliable and problem free drink machines & drink/snack machines?

Initially I'll be vending on construction sites where the guys are pretty abusive. The machines will be under cover but possibly subject to a little dust here and there, dispensing approximately 750 vends per week.

Any advice or tips on machine reliability & maintenance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

You've gotten off to a very good start with the Merlin IV 650 - the Royals are very dependable machines, I own several of the 768 models and have yet to have a problem in four years of service. I particularly like the fact that the Royals require no shims and have a drop sensor under the delivery box and they hold a lot of 12 oz cans, in your case 650.

If you're thinking of going into snacks machines, the old AP7600's are a great choice and you can add about 20 bucks worth of contruction sand in the bottom to stop people from shaking the machine.  If they shake the machine, not only are they stealing, but it tends to knock everything else loose resulting in a lot of misvends and product jams.

If you are consistently vending 750 a week, you might consider a larger machine like the Royal 804 or the new Vendo which incorporates many of the Royal design features.

As a final word, I'd say stick with the stacker style machines as the glassfronts can be problematic.in that they don't hold much product and are difficult to load.  If you're vending a lot of energy drinks and gatorade, then a Dixie 501e is a very good choice as it holds this type of product two deep versus the Royal's one deep - you waste a lot of capacity vending Monsters in a Royal.

Given that you'll be dealing with dust, use Mei VN2511 or VN2512 validators as these hold up much better in dusty conditions versus the Coinco models

The 501e is quite reliable and parts are easy to get but the royal is a great choice as well. The new vendo 621/721/821 are awesome but vendo parts can be hard to get. Usi stack vendors are not designed to be outdoors. I like USI and Vendo but stick with royal and dixie narco

Archived