Duck Update

sherlock

How's your Duck Dynasty merch doing?

Read that the show's ratings keep falling steadily.

They are no longer the highest rated currently running program from what I understand.

I think some Housewives of Atlanta show is now out-performing them in ratings.

Have you all who carry this stuff seen a dip in sales?

Yep, the 2" stickers/dog tags were doing good about a month ago, but then dropped off a lot after running them for a month. Loom Bands were a bigger disappointment. I never could get rid of them!

DD and loom both did very well for the most part. We ran them at a buck and.75 and happy with the results. As we cycle in new stuff we will pull what's left and put them in eggs. We never get too deep in any one item never ever. Because you just can't tell. I know guys who buy so much that they are still selling stuff from 2004 and 2005. The buy huge lots for the price break.

Believe it or not there is still an operator in my area selling homies in a few locations.

:o

Holy smokes -- he must be one of those guys Hav talked about buying waaaaayy too much of something when it's hot.

:o

Holy smokes -- he must be one of those guys Hav talked about buying waaaaayy too much of something when it's hot.

Yup sure it is. Look at the units that Quarters vending has in malls. All old stock from years back.

Loom sucked for me too.  I think the problem is all too often I equate hot in pop culture = hot in my machines.  But with Loom, what the kids really wanted (and got...cuz...that's what kids do) were the large Loom kits for $14.99-$19.99 at the Dept. stores.  So while it SEEMED intuitive, you need to be careful.  Just because something's hot - if they can get in elsewhere in larger quantities for more value you're probably screwed - or borderline disappointed at best.  

I'll admit I've definitely watched my fair share of the Duck show (everyone's gotta turn their brain off some time) but I never considered buying any of the merch for my machines. I've only got a few located right now so clearing out even a couple bags of DD would be hard for me. Considering there hasn't been a new episode of the show out in a few months now it isn't surprising to hear that sales and ratings are dipping.

Speaking of Homies - yesterday I pumped a few quarters into the 'mystery mix' machine on a rack at a flea market here that I hadn't seen before to see what the vendor had in there - I got 2 homies and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sticker from 1990 that didn't have any 'stick' left. score!

I just checked my rack with DD 2"...after like two weeks, Duck Dynasty had $3.00 in sales at 75 cent vend.  Mini Flashlights from TNT had over $20 in it!  Duck Dynasty did well at first, but it's ran its course for me.

I just checked my rack with DD 2"...after like two weeks, Duck Dynasty had $3.00 in sales at 75 cent vend. Mini Flashlights from TNT had over $20 in it! Duck Dynasty did well at first, but it's ran its course for me.

That TNT light ups are good

Archived