DN 501E SIID

Turn the machine off and try to clear the jam. Sometimes a can or bottle is slightly stuck and needs pushed into place so it will vend. Unplug it and plug it back in. I don't know what this error is as I can't recall ever dealing with one like it. You might need a new board

Check for a jammed can for selection number 5.

Also check the door switch. If it is stuck in the closed position you will not be able to enter the service mode.

Walta

The 99.95 means your machine has lost its memory and by default set pricing for every selection to $99.95. Unplug the small barrel plug near where the compressor unit plugs in(lower left corner of machine). This will cut all power to the door portion of machine. Clear the jammed column and reconnect barrel plug. You will now need to reprogram machine.

AngryChris

The machine is empty - I replaced the control board recentely and i'm trying to get the machine programmed - there is no jam in any of the columns.

Walta

Door switch works in all three positions

cvending

I will try to locate the barrel plug and unplug it, but the machine is empty, so no jam to clear

I will plug lower left barrell plug back in and see what happens

Can anyone tell me how to mannually cycle the vend motors in each column?

Thanks

Well... for the time being, I would unplug everything from the board but the power harness. If you still can't access the board, it sounds like a board failure.

One more thing.. I had some 501e's that had sticky mode buttons. Try hitting that mode button a little harder and see if that works BEFORE You disconnect anything.

If the board works with everything else disconnected, start connecting devices one at a time.

Why did you replace the board in the first place? Do you know it is a good working board? Are all the motors at home - motor switch arm resting in a notch in the motor plastic cam edge?

If they are then try removing the connector from the col 5 motor sw and reinstalling it. Then lift the switch arm out of the notch and hold the door sw in. Watch the display and does it show HOMING and does motor 5 run? If it still shows a jam, inspect all the wiring at the left edge of the motor cover to see if any are damaged. Also try pulling the motor harness off the board, inspect for straight pins and then fully reseat it. If none of this corrects it then replace the motor switch. It's not uncommon for them to fail.

Also follow the harness from the motors to the bottom of the door. Separate both connectors and put them back together making sure the connectors lock properly. This might clean up a dirty connection. I recently corrected this exact problem on a T model machine in this way.

Hi guys,

I replaced the SIID control board last summer because i was having some failures to vend and some multivends then it just quit. I tried to reset the control but had no luck so I bought a new board from a supplier off ebay and installed it. Since then all I get is 99.95, COLJ and SEL5.

- cvending - I unplugged the little barrel plug at the lower left by the compressor but I didn't lose any power to the door and the display still showed the codes listed above.

I read somewhere that if I hold the blue service button in on the control board for 45 sec this would reset the control board to factory settings, I did that and the display showed resetting on the display but after resetting I got the same 3 codes as above.

-AngryChris - I will try to unplug everything from the board but the power and then start plugging things in to try to isolate the issue.

I tried hitting the mode button harder if you mean the blue service button on the board but it seems to work well it just goes back to those 3 codes.

-AZvender- givin that my codes say COLJ, SEL5 I will start there and try the thins you mentioned.

What I have done so far is confirm that all 9 select buttons have continuity all the way to the board so I ruled out that so far.

Can anyone tell me if a weak or bad memory battery on the control board could cause this?

I will get back to it again this week and work my way through the harnesses, motors and switches- I'm not giving up on this board yet as I believe it is something to do with the # 5 column.

Thanks guys - I will let you know how i progress and go from there!

That's the problem with Fleabay - you never know what you're getting.  It sounds like you traded one problem for another.  I would not be surprised at all if your problems are all related to a wiring issue at the left side of the motor cover or in the mid-harness connections. 

The black rubber barrel plug at the bottom left corner of the cabinet has a two conductor wire on both sides of the connector.  You must leave it separated and this will kill power to the door including the lights, logic board and subsequentely the coin mech, validator and motors.  After plugging it back together all of those items should work again.  

Since the reset didn't cure your problem you are still going to have to do some troubleshooting.  Just remember you might be working with a bad logic board.

A bad battery on the board will cause the board to loose its prices if power is turned off, but that is the only result.

Here is a quick thing to mention... have you made sure to hold selections 1 and 2 simultaneously to scroll through the menu after hitting the service mode button?  That is the only way to scroll through the programming on a SIID board.  You may have done this already but it would solve a lot of trouble if you found out that you didn't know how to scroll through the menu.  You can't do ANYTHING without hitting those buttons simultaneously to scroll through.

AZVender - I found the little 2 pin barrel plug and disconnected it (what I thought was the barrel plug earlier was a regular 2 prong plug in the lower left of the machine). This did not make a  difference. still got the same codes.

All motor switch arms were resting in the motor switch cams on all columns. To be sure they all worked, I simply released the motor switch arms and rotated the oscillators just enough to be out of the cam slots and pulled out the door switch to simulate normal position and display showed HOMING and all 9 vend motors cycled a full rotation vend and stopped with the motor switch's dead in the middle of the cam slot starting from column 9-1 in series one after the other and was real smooth. 

after that back to the same codes 99.95, COLJ, and SEL5. C

Couple other codes came up during my resets EROR and NONE?

I unplugged the machine and back probed every single wire from vend motor and sold out switch back to the board for continuity and everything checked good. 

So I removed this control board and put my old one back in to see if it would work.

Plugged in the machine with the old board, display showed 99.95 but this time the decimal was blinking, so I held in the service buttom and got codes SS4, SS6, SS7 and SS8 then J10.

When I pressed in the Service Mode button and vend buttons 1 and 2, I finaly got HD on the display but would not go any further as I tried to get through the menu, it just stayed locked on HD?

AngryChris - I am aware of the 1/2 button programming, I have owned this machine for several years without any problems and never really had to get into it and change anything but I am a little rusty on the programming thankfully DN does a real nice job with the programming instructions on the door.

I believe the SS codes are select button errors, and I dont know what J10 is because there is only 9 cloumns?

I will mension that I removed the 9 selection switch membrane and complete harness to the board and probed them out and all 9 buttons checked good. I also checked that each button again to be sure after I installed back into machine and they all work. So I do not suspect anything wrong with the selection buttons and harness.

Other info which may or may not be important or related but I thought I would mension: this machine was originally a Kodak film and camera vending machine which used canisters the same size as a 12oz can. It does not have a coin changer or a bill validator, when I got it, it was set up for Credit Card with printer only which i left all plugged in but I set the machine to free vend, as it is at my home shop. It worked wonderfully until the biginning of last summer. by the way, I checked all three fuses on the board and they are all in the correct places too and the 2 flourscent lights do not work its either the bulbs or ballast but one bulb flickers and I wasn't going to repair until I got it back up and running.

Thanks for all of your help - sorry bout' the book, I Know info is important -  we will get it running I just need to figure out whats wrong so I'm not parts changing.

The regular two prong plug you initially found is power to the compressor.

It sounds like your second logic board is corrupted and your original board might be good.  In other words, the first problem that prompted you to replace the original logic board is that your selection membrane is bad.  This is not an uncommon failure.  The fact that the machine thinks it sees 10 selections (JC10) is an indicator of that.  The SS errors are Selection Switch errors and since you don't have selection switches but a selection membrane, you probably have a bad membrane.  Your original board may also have a bad battery causing it to default back to a price of 99.95, but if you are free vending and using this machine yourself, you can simply set all prices back to zero whenever that happens.

Send me a PM if you need a selection membrane for your machine.  Also, remove the flickering lights as they can cause electromagnetic interference in the logic board.

Update:

I put my original control board in.

I took AZVendor's advice - ordered a new selection membrane, installed it and IT WORKS!

I went through all of the SIID programming and testing and I'm good to go!

Thanks so much to you all for all the suggestions and feedback!

Excellent!  It's always a great feeling when a machine is back to being fully operational again!  I have been on a streak of having VERY FEW service calls over the past 3 weeks.  I am starting to get terrified.  Something has to be broke out there but no one is talking.... or it's just a result of all of that money I invested in upgrades.  I don't know yet!!

Excellent!  It's always a great feeling when a machine is back to being fully operational again!  I have been on a streak of having VERY FEW service calls over the past 3 weeks.  I am starting to get terrified.  Something has to be broke out there but no one is talking.... or it's just a result of all of that money I invested in upgrades.  I don't know yet!!

I would say upgrades!

The only thing I've got called out for is a LS bag of funyuns fell behind the trough.

Well, were out of carrot cakes!

lol!

Archived