Newer model validator comparison

Today I am going to ask everyone to give their opinions on newer model bill acceptors.  I haven't used every type of validator out there because the Mars 25xx and coinco BA series take the cake in this market when it comes to saturation.  You DO see coinco BP models (I have some).  You DO see coinco Vantage (I have seen them).  You DO see fancy mars validators with almost no telling what's behind the mask (sounds like a movie plot), but the coinco BA and mars 25xx are simply overwhelming in numbers.  Because of that, I would like to compare the newer models that come to mind.

First of all, on the coinco side of things, we will discuss the Coinco MAG, the Coinco BP (Bill Pro) and the Coinco Vantage.  On the Mars side, we will discuss the Mars 2500, 2600, and 2700 series validators.  Also up for potential discussion are the Conlux and Pyramid that I hear about, but I don't think they will get much attention unless someone absolutely loves them.

Here is what I would like to focus on more than anything else.  How LONG do these units last when purchased new (before needing repaired) and how LONG do they last after their repairs have been made.

From my personal experience, the BP series seem to last quite a while but do need to be cleaned in dirty areas.  I haven't used many MAG models and I currently have no Vantage models.

On the other side, I can only think of maybe one Mars 25xx validator that I had to send off for repairs.

What are your experiences with these newer models?

Today I am going to ask everyone to give their opinions on newer model bill acceptors.  I haven't used every type of validator out there because the Mars 25xx and coinco BA series take the cake in this market when it comes to saturation.  You DO see coinco BP models (I have some).  You DO see coinco Vantage (I have seen them).  You DO see fancy mars validators with almost no telling what's behind the mask (sounds like a movie plot), but the coinco BA and mars 25xx are simply overwhelming in numbers.  Because of that, I would like to compare the newer models that come to mind.

First of all, on the coinco side of things, we will discuss the Coinco MAG, the Coinco BP (Bill Pro) and the Coinco Vantage.  On the Mars side, we will discuss the Mars 2500, 2600, and 2700 series validators.  Also up for potential discussion are the Conlux and Pyramid that I hear about, but I don't think they will get much attention unless someone absolutely loves them.

Here is what I would like to focus on more than anything else.  How LONG do these units last when purchased new (before needing repaired) and how LONG do they last after their repairs have been made.

From my personal experience, the BP series seem to last quite a while but do need to be cleaned in dirty areas.  I haven't used many MAG models and I currently have no Vantage models.

On the other side, I can only think of maybe one Mars 25xx validator that I had to send off for repairs.

What are your experiences with these newer models?

Chris.  I posed this question awhile back as I like to keep an eye on the future - the consensus seemed to be the new Mei recyclers all priced well above $400.  I too mostly use the Mei Vn2500 series as they work well and don't cost 400 bucks

I have mostly mei, but I also have some coinco (ba and mag) and conlux. I seem to have the most problems out of the coinco validators and have slowly been replacing them with mei when i have problems. I have had zero problems out of the conlux validators yet, and I have a couple of bp2bx coinco's that i got a very good deal on that I will be trying soon. If I was going to rank them I would probably say mei (just because there are so many and easy to get as you have said) then conlux then coinco. I would like to know how the pyramid validators stack up just because they are inexpensive to buy new and they take all bills ($1-$20).

I am currently doing a trial comparison between a Currenza MSMv2 (multi width) & a Coinco Vantage Bill Acceptor.

It is only early into the trial but so far I have found that the acceptance rate on the Vantage is slightly better than the Currenza. The machines that I am doing this trial on are USI's with GVC2 controllers which keep a track of the "reject rate" of the Bill Acceptor.

Currenza: Reject rate 12%

Vantage:  Reject rate 4%

Both reject rates are better than the Coinco7200 & ICT Bill Acceptors that I was using previously.

I am also going to compare using a Pyramid Appex 7000 but unfortunately can't trial a MEI as they are not available in our market.  

Kiwi,

I have found the Coinco vantage note acceptor to be very reliable and has caused me the least issues of the readers I have including mei. I am currently slowly changing over all my ICT readers across to pyramid, the new Coinco bezel is due for release shortly which is good as I will be installing credit card readers which will fit directly onto the bezel.  

The new Coinco bezel is due for release shortly which is good as I will be installing credit card readers which will fit directly onto the bezel.  

Is it a EVM chip reader bezel? 

I haven't heard anything about them here......... you bloody ozzie's are always one step ahead of us kiwis! ;D  

I think the high reject rate on the Currenza might be put down to user error.

Because of its multi width design it actually pauses for a second to realign the note while being validated so I think customers are pulling the note back out because they think it is going to get stuck.

I will test this theory today to see if it effects the reject percentage stored in the machine.

i tested the Currenza MSMv2 (multi width) today using the method I mentioned above & as I suspected if you hold onto the note while it is being inserted to the bill validator it registers as a rejected note.

May take time for the customer(s) to get use to the way that the validator works so the high reject rate is not really a true indication of the bill validators performance. 

My question is this... is the currenza something designed by Crane or MEI?  If it's designed by MEI, I have a confidence in it.  If it's designed by Crane, I don't have as much confidence.  Crane seems to over-engineer their stuff lately.  I want to see one of their new snack machines work in a high-volume location during break time.  I would imagine that it's frustrating for the customers to have to press about 5 or 6 different buttons just to get a snack.

My question is this... is the currenza something designed by Crane or MEI?  

The Currenza MSMv2 is a Cashcode designed validator... Cashcode are owned by Crane so technically you could call it a Crane product.

Kiwi,

Yeah mate Kiwi land is a bit backward but nothings changed in 25 odd years lol. Yes, Coinco is releasing a bezel early April and then the credit card reader from Circumtec will fit onto it just perfectly from what I understand and yes EMV.

Pyramid is currently working on a bezel with flashing lights and this will also be designed to allow the  Circumtec reader to fit onto it as well, This will be released within the next few months. 

Coinco is releasing a bezel early April and then the credit card reader from Circumtec will fit onto it just perfectly from what I understand and yes EMV.

Pyramid is currently working on a bezel with flashing lights and this will also be designed to allow the  Circumtec reader to fit onto it as well, This will be released within the next few months. 

Sound interesting mate.. the only EMV reader available here is the DPS (SCR200VM) model which is about NZ$1000 just for the hardware.Do you currently have any machines setup which accept cashless payments?

Were you previously using Circumtec for remote monitoring or are you just using them just for there cashless solution?

Yes i know the DPS is just to expensive. Yes i just started installing credit card readers on some machines last week and they seem to be working fine customers are using them even though they are paying a transaction fee of 20 cents.

I know Steve from Circumtec and i tried his system a few years ago it didnt work for me then, however it seem ok now. Circumtec is the best way to go if you need cashless vending right now, it will be approved for emv i think around july, however because all transactions  are under $100  it will make little difference as his system offers 3 ways to pay swipe, chip or tap.

I guess if you can wait its best to do that as theres a lot happening in this field and there will be some new releases this year such as mei,  and theres no word on who cantaloupe will run with as yet. plus theres the pyramid and coinco new bezel releases to come. 

I guess if you can wait its best to do that as theres a lot happening in this field and there will be some new releases this year such as mei,  and theres no word on who cantaloupe will run with as yet. plus theres the pyramid and coinco new bezel releases to come. 

I will take your advise & wait a little longer.......... better to let you be the "guinea pig" & test them all out & tell me which one is the best. ;D  

Update on the Currenza vs Vatage comparison.. both units have had a 100% acceptance rate since I reset them a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 19 machines using MEI VN2700 bill acceptors, 8 of them are VNR2700 recycling $5's. Those machines do $130,000 a year in sales and I get two to three years out of the VN2700's and about nine months out of the recyclers before they have to be rebuilt. I have maybe one jam a month. I think they hold up well for the amount of bills they accept. I hope this helps give you an idea of how reliable they are.

Archived