Few Quick Questions

Energie9

Hi Guys,

I am a total newbie here as most can see since this is my first post but I had a few questions.

I'm new to the biz but have been doing some research for some time now and have a few questions before getting fully set up and running.

1. I am in a small town and a few of my first machines I will be placing locally in restaurants and such. One restaurant in particular has a fairly older demographic. I am looking at placing a two head machine there to start with. Likely skittles and something else. I have been thinking possibly trying some type of nuts (peanuts, cashews... ect) am I on the right tracking maybe trying this to help bring in the older crowd along with the youngsters? If so what nut does everyone find the most popular? Some of the options I have....

-Plain peanuts

-BBQ peanuts

-Chocolate covered peanuts

-Mixed nuts

-Chocolate covered almonds

2. I am Canadian so my options for machines and supplies is much more limited then americans... Any suggestions on best places to pick stuff up from fellow Canucks?

Any help would be appreciated!

Avoid peanuts altogether.  Peanut M&Ms are okay, but on the expensive side.  The reasons I say no peanuts are because they leave a nasty residue all over the globe, they rust moving parts on the machine and can be expensive as well.  Try to avoid chocolate if at all possible due to high COGS.  I would go for either Hot Tamales or Mike & Ikes.  These are both cheap, just be aware that if it's in a hot environment or hasn't been serviced in awhile, they sometimes start clumping together.  A habit of shaking up the globe of Mike & Ikes and Hot Tamales will keep them moving.

since you guys have dollar coins, try experimenting with more expensive stuff for one dollar, which is easier in canada than in the us because one dollar in canada is one coin but in the u.s. it is four.

so experiment with toys, maybe nuts.

expect high spoilage with nuts though

Great advice so far guys! Thanks a lot. After a few comments above I think i will move from considering doing peanuts as of yet. Especially with few machines I don't want to be stuck with a ton of it and nothing to move it in. Sounds like it would be better to consider later on when I have more machines to push it in and move it quicker.

Archived