1 Year IN & Lessons Learned

MrKentuckian

Bad Locations: After tracking profits or lack thereof for first few months, I realized that moving machines to other locations during collections/servicing months is the way to go

ANTS: These tiny suckers love M&Ms and Skittles mostly and thanks to advice from fellow members I think I have resolved this problem by vaseline under heads and on bases with an added measure of ant sprayed paper towels stuffed in stem

Product: Simply changing product can make a difference at so-so locations but I ultimately came to realize that a bad location is a bad location. TIP: Auto body shops and truck accessory stores are bad locations. I also recently removed from a small auto parts store and barber shop.

Product by location: My recent location is at a Taekwondo training center where my son recently started that has no heat/ac in entrance vestibule area so my son and I decided on Gum balls and Mentos because too much direct sunlight would not go well with other candy products.

Due to many poor locations on a neglected route that was sold to me 1 year ago on April Fool's Day, I was beginning to think I was the Fool but for 30 out of 35 double-head working candy machines for $600 I thought it would be worth the risk. However, after the first 6 months we began seeing profits but beforehand all collected monies was just enough (breaking even) to purchase product. In other words, by continuing to move bad locations to hopefully better locations each month until all are averaging at least $10+ monthly....then, we'll be happy. Yes, we do have a few locations bringing in $15-$30. We'll just keep on keepin' on :).

Bad Locations: After tracking profits or lack thereof for first few months, I realized that moving machines to other locations during collections/servicing months is the way to go

ANTS: These tiny suckers love M&Ms and Skittles mostly and thanks to advice from fellow members I think I have resolved this problem by vaseline under heads and on bases with an added measure of ant sprayed paper towels stuffed in stem

Product: Simply changing product can make a difference at so-so locations but I ultimately came to realize that a bad location is a bad location. TIP: Auto body shops and truck accessory stores are bad locations. I also recently removed from a small auto parts store and barber shop.

Product by location: My recent location is at a Taekwondo training center where my son recently started that has no heat/ac in entrance vestibule area so my son and I decided on Gum balls and Mentos because too much direct sunlight would not go well with other candy products.

Due to many poor locations on a neglected route that was sold to me 1 year ago on April Fool's Day, I was beginning to think I was the Fool but for 30 out of 35 double-head working candy machines for $600 I thought it would be worth the risk. However, after the first 6 months we began seeing profits but beforehand all collected monies was just enough (breaking even) to purchase product. In other words, by continuing to move bad locations to hopefully better locations each month until all are averaging at least $10+ monthly....then, we'll be happy. Yes, we do have a few locations bringing in $15-$30. We'll just keep on keepin' on :).

Thank you for providing the update.

As I recall, you started this business as a learning experience for your son.  It's probably better that you've had to overcome some hurdles, had it been a smooth ride you'd have lost much of that experience.  Learning to persevere and overcome obstacles was really what you sought in the first place. Good job

Yes, money can be made in any business you just have to work at it. I am seeing upsides every collection month meaning our hard work is paying off.

Bulk Vending is a marathon not a sprint. Do it as simple as you possibly can and repeat, repeat, repeat forever. Thats where the real money is.

Archived