Dixie Narco 501e double column drop issues.

i am new to this forum but i have read lots of good advice on here, that i became a member.  Ok so the scenerio is this.  i have a 501e vending machine with one double column and there rest are single columns.   i had this machine working like a charm for a few months and all of a sudden my double column started dropping two drinks and then one. After inserting money and selection drink i will get two drinks.  i put more money and i will get one drink.  if i were to put more money i would get nothing for the third and fourth purchase.   Cam setting for the wide column is 3,  i have the four thin shims on each side and the depth is at 13 or 14.  i have checked and recheck timing, cam settings, anti-theft retainer clips, motor, and switches for problems but they look good.   The motor for the wide column is a red and grey cam type.  i was thinking it might be my control board because the cams have six valleys and after vending three cams it should load the cage and be ready for the fourth vend.  what i have noticed is that the motor stops at every valley on the cam.  so i have scratched my hair off my head and decided to ask here for advice. 

Unload the one slot, make sure the machine is unplugged, make sure the rotor is in the home position, or rotor cup facing up. Now from under the rotor see if you can move rotor from side to side just like it would vend, if there is a lot of play, the rotor needs to be changed.

I bought a 276E machine and it was doing the same thing, not one but four rotors were worn out in slot where the motor slips into.

If it looks like this it needs changing.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/mjd540/010-3.jpg

good luck!

Unload the one slot, make sure the machine is unplugged, make sure the rotor is in the home position, or rotor cup facing up. Now from under the rotor see if you can move rotor from side to side just like it would vend, if there is a lot of play, the rotor needs to be changed.

I bought a 276E machine and it was doing the same thing, not one but four rotors were worn out in slot where the motor slips into.

If it looks like this it needs changing.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/mjd540/010-3.jpg

good luck!

I think Cajun's post is kind of confusing because the double column on a 501E does not have a rotor cup to face up.

gallery_6992_149_746573.jpg

It does however have one of these which I think is called a wide column vend oscillator

gallery_6992_149_458543.jpg

I think that is what he may be referring to  as not wanting to have a "lot of play".

Another suggestion would be to check & make sure your setting are correct for 12 oz cans which are:

4 of 3/32" tall shim each side, red cam on 2, back spacer in hole 13, three cans deep (which if I am correct is not what you mentioned in your initial post)

After adjusting the settings I would to open the door & place the machine in test mode & test that column repeatedly to see if it is working correctly & if not watch & see if you can see what is actually happening.

i found my problem and i cannot believe how easy it was to fix it.   i replaced nyliners and took motor off soo many times you have no idea.   What i did not say in the first post is that i had gone from bottles to cans and i had installed the four shims and each side.   Well just right now after messing with it all day and sweating like crazy i decided to flip the shims 180 degress from the current position and that did it.   i had installed the side shims backwards. 

I think Cajun's post is kind of confusing because the double column on a 501E does not have a rotor cup to face up.

gallery_6992_149_746573.jpg

It does however have one of these which I think is called a wide column vend oscillator

gallery_6992_149_458543.jpg

I think that is what he may be referring to  as not wanting to have a "lot of play".

Another suggestion would be to check & make sure your setting are correct for 12 oz cans which are:

4 of 3/32" tall shim each side, red cam on 2, back spacer in hole 13, three cans deep (which if I am correct is not what you mentioned in your initial post)

After adjusting the settings I would to open the door & place the machine in test mode & test that column repeatedly to see if it is working correctly & if not watch & see if you can see what is actually happening.

Thanks mojorhino!

Double column, slipped right by me.

Long day!

Archived