of the NBVA, serving as president.

Mr. Folz passed last night, at home, surrounded by loving family and close

friends:

His wife Adele Folz, past president and nephew Robert Folz and wife

Debbie Folz,

Roger's granddaughter Elyse and her Husband Nick, and lifelong family

friend Frank

Parisi.

That was the email sent to NBVA members. My thoughts go out to the family. The industry would not be where it is today with out Roger and others like him.

You're probably responsible for helping me in ways I don't even know. RIP Roger.

I'm sure that goes for all of us.

Sleep well Roger.

His life should help be an example to all. He operated everything from charity, mom and pops to chain stores with all types of machines and stands like one machine pipe stands, cranes, chicken machines, video games, scales, kiddie rides, honor boxes to name a few. There should be no more fighting as to what type of vending each and everyone of us operate. They all have it's place and all can do very well. It was not his goal to give away high commissions nor front money as many of you think but rather pay low commissions which generated higher revenue due to the high quality toys and related merchandise He truly loved the vending industry and I hope you all can prosper and learn to achieve greatness like he did.

Wendi and I feel honored to have meet him. He was happy to answer the same questions for us that he had answered a 1000 times before. Wendi still has the toy ring he gave her in Batimore. You will be missed.

Wendi & Mike

The vending industry as a whole is less today then it was yesterday before his passing. There are few that achieve that level of stature and respect from one's peers.

Ditto.  Many thanks for his contributions in bulk vending.  A true pioneer in the industry, especially with toys and bulk racks.  RIP

• 2 months later...

I was blessed enough to work for the Folz empire as a northern California route driver for about 5 years. I got hired by them after I worked for Sugarloaf of Colorado for about 3 years. Folz spared no expense in flying its route drivers to huge company meetings, as well as their 50th Anniversary in 1999 (?) if I remember correctly. Folz treated their route drivers very well. It was a fun time working for them. Roger was always at the meetings. I never got to actually meet him, but he was present in our room at every route driver seminar during our meetings & the big Anniversary festivities. My first and only time traveling to New York for the Folz Anniversary for about 4 days was awesome and interesting, viewing the entire Folz warehouse, office, machine refurbishing dept., etc. 2 years later, Sept. 11th occured. Everyone wondered what was going to happen. I was able to "survive" the first Folz merger with American Coin, as a lot of drivers were either laid off, or transferred to other vending companies. I did not, however, survive the 2nd round of layoffs when the Coin Star buy out happened a year or so later.  The mergers provided confusing and unsure times (as they do in any field of work, I've been through several). I wished I had been with them longer than five years. Quite a number of stories and happenings gathered in only 5 years of employment with them, they were such a huge company. Very sad to hear of Roger's passing.

Archived