how much should i pay for each used beaver machine?

teoman

hello, I was thing about buying some beaver machine but didn't know what would be a good deal or not. I found a guy selling 10 of them at 70 each but they need new locks and keys for the lid and cashbox along with stands. they all have a rally big 9 inch globe. is this a good price for these machines? I attached a picture...

post-8717-0-16499500-1400194124_thumb.jpg

I still have roughly 100 of these.  Are you teomanslife on ebay?  I think you sent me a question about the Beavers I have listed on there. I'm selling in lots of 10 for $500 on ebay with free shipping and have been accepting best offers around $450 and up.  I was able to ship 10 to another guy in Texas for $98.  

I'm just trying to pocket $30 per machine.  That's my goal.  So at $475 I pay ebay their $47.50, $100-$115 shipping and PayPal gets their $15...I'm JUST cracking that $30 mark.  

But eBay has been an absolute freaking NIGHTMARE that I could write a novel about the shady stuff on there.  What I'd like to do is find an honest real life person and I'd be willing to pass the ebay and Paypal fee savings onto them.  For $40 apiece I'll ship for free.  

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.  I quoted Rick Falcon $25 per machine + $110 shipping = $360 total for 10 and it was too rich for him. In his area of the country he might be buying machines for $20/head that he likes better than Beaver, who knows.  You just have to decide what's the right equipment/price for you in your market.  

Know what you're buying though!  The big difference between the southern beavers (below) and the RB16 in your original post with the rally globe is that the red ring around the bottom of the globe on this machine is plastic - other than that they are identical lids, hoppers, mechs, body and bases.   

classifieds-4404-0-17932900-1396093856_thumb.jpg

yea that's me :ph34r: I should really stop using the same username everywhere... I really liked your machines and was planning on buying them at 70 each but I don't know/ don't want to drill and replace locks and then buying the stands for 10 machines would cost a ton.  I also hate eBay & PayPal they became a total rip off for sellers will all the fees and then having to wait forever to get payment but for buyers its very good.  do you know if your machine would fit on a northwestern tempo stand? I would be willing to pay you more if you bought and replaced the locks for me. I am fairly new to vending and only have one machine(rhino triple head for only $150 new) and I placed it about a week ago with skittles Reese's pieces and bubble gum ;D. will besides that I was thinking about buying the northwestern super 60 at sams for 70 and the tempo stand for 30 about 115 per machine with shipping. I only have 7 locations left were I know the owner personally and would actually have to go hunting for more if this becomes successful part time job for me. any suggestions

My apologies if I offended teo, I didn't intend any harm by tying you to that account on ebay.  

I think you're confused.  I'm not the guy selling those beavers for $70 without locks you posted a pic of.  I'm selling Southern Beavers in lots of 10 for $400 and they already come with a key and locks.  

All you need is stands + product and you're good to go.  I would not recommend the NW tempos stands.  For approximately the same price ($40) when you factor free shipping from Quill, I'd go with the Selectivend single - but to each his own.

http://www.quill.com/selectivend-single-gumball-stand-for-classic-century/cbs/188397.html?promoCode=200200555&Effort_Code=901&Find_Number=23417&cm_sp=

Send me a message if you're interested.  

oh I think I remember your listing! I remember asking you about the stand and u gave me that link to quill. pm me a link to your new listing so I can check it out.

thanks

I disassemble and all of the bases, hoppers, wheels, brushings, lids and mechs go in three large flat rate boxes for $17.50 each. Then all of the globes and bodies go in 1-2 large packing boxes. I checked a 3rd party site "FreightQuote" I think and the lowest quote I got was over $200. Believe me, I'd LOVE to be doing it wrong! If anybody knows a cheaper way...

Archived