Storage shed full of Oak machines

I just bought a storage shed full of Oak Machines for $150.00. There is probably 200 to 250 machines. Most are all taken apart in boxes. Most of the 1" will need to be powder coated, I can do that. I have boxes of lids, side panels, frames and other parts that have been powder coated and still in wrappers. I packed my van and the biggest uhaul trailer I could get. Spent all day yesterday going to get them and all morning unloading. I don't even know what all I have.  Looks like I need to learn about Oak machines and do a lot of work getting these all together and out on location.

I bought a rack of 4 years ago with one of those machines on it, they are good machines, but it sure was a hassle cleaning and painting the machines.

that's why they break down like this.

they were taken apart to refurb it looks like,

and maybe decided to get out of the business or buy new ones.

That's really old equipment, still a good buy at 150 though. I personally would flip that stuff on ebay for a nice profit.

You are right about being old equipment. After going through some of it there are a lot of old stuff. Most of the 2" machines are somewhat late models but most of the 1" machines are old. I have found several 1 and 5 cent coin mech's. That's all great but I was looking for machines to put out. I need to start putting some things on Ebay.

You have got a lot of work ahead with those machines.  From the pictures the small machines look like Oak

acorn.  The round lids for the acorn and the square one you can make those a Oak 300.  You can even make

those a oak vista cabinet with the adapter they sell and a new or used vista lid and side posts and top ring.

You have a few choices.

You will probably have to replace the coin mechanisms  buy new globes, globe rods, if you can do the restoration

yourself you could save some money.

Sounds like you found a gold mine.I have a few oak machines out and they are very dependable. The coin mechanism is easy to update with one of a higher vend price. We all are jealous of your purchase. Good luck! Steve G

Archived