Got my first machine... HELP!

Jackandson

First let me tell everyone that I know absolutely nothing about vending machines. I recently got a machine with the model # RVCC-804-9 and the equipment # RY00000859 the only thing I do know about it is that, 1) It looks older. 2) when I plug it in, cold air comes out and a light comes on telling the prices. So does anyone on here know this particular model and could point me in the right direction on how to stock it, and maintain it. THANKS!

Welcome to the forums Jackandson. 

The machine you are referring to is a Royal Vendors machine with a Coca Cola door and 9 selection buttons.  You have 12 product columns in the machine and with only 9 selection buttons you will have to set a Space-to-Sales program to coordinate the buttons to the columns.  

This is a very complicated machine for someone new to the business and you really should read through the postings in the Food and Beverage forum before moving forward in this business.  You can search that forum for topics relevant to new vendors and to this machine.  We generally advise new vendors to keep it simple in the beginning by using single price, can-only machines until you get familiar with the basics of vending.  This allows you to keep your costs down while you decide if vending is really for you.

Here is a link to the manual for this machine which you need to read cover to cover so you understand your machine:  http://royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/giiimanual.pdf

I still encourage you to read the volumes of posts in the Food and Beverage forum before doing anything else.

First let me tell everyone that I know absolutely nothing about vending machines. I recently got a machine with the model # RVCC-804-9 and the equipment # RY00000859 the only thing I do know about it is that, 1) It looks older. 2) when I plug it in, cold air comes out and a light comes on telling the prices. So does anyone on here know this particular model and could point me in the right direction on how to stock it, and maintain it. THANKS!

Well, you're in luck as you've stumbled across one of the best soda vendors out there.  The only hurdle people have with this model is getting through the programming and we have a number of members here that can help you with that.  The Royal 804 has at least three key advantages over many other models; 1. It holds a huge amount of 12 oz cans so you won''t have to fill as often, 2. It comes equiped with a drop sensor so your customers don't get shorted and last but best, it requiires no special shims or spring rods to vend bottles.  These machines were built like tanks and you'll get many years of trouble free service out it.

Archived