Genesis (Combo) GO 127 - 137 Issues

I'll be humble and say that these machines "suck" for lack of better words, because I don't want to be removed from this forum, lol...

Check the blue coin validator for jammed coins and clean with compressed air. Then you must unplug machine to reset it.

Clean or service bill validator. There are shops that sell and service ict, you'll have to check online or call ict.

The compressor can be removed and fixed, I'd replace the machine instead.

You can order a key pad online, but you're risking to buy a defective part that may not work on your machine. Try cleaning the buttons with an alcohol solution and spray with compressed air. Make sure all your connections are plugged in properly throughout the machine drawer, board, etc.

• Like 1

Maddog,

I might have a rebuilt cooling unit in my shop for that machine.  I rebuilt it for a guy who never paid for it but I can't remember exactly which machine it came out of.  If you could pull your unit out and post a photo of it I could then tell if it's the same as the rebuilt one I have.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. I will get started first with checking out the compressor issue and go thru the steps Mr. Allen Watson outlined. Then onto the other machine with the acceptance of coins and bills, along with the selection pad. As a side note these machines were not my choice, my boss went ahead and bought them without researching any information about the Genesis vending machine. Once again, thank you and I do appreciate all your responses. I guess I know what I will be assigned to do this weekend.

I've had seven of them for 8 years. After awhile you get used to them and even figure out their little quirks. I would buy a few more for parts only and if they were practically free.

I've had seven of them for 8 years. After awhile you get used to them and even figure out their little quirks. I would buy a few more for parts only and if they were practically free.

Allen I'm getting ready to junk one soon, I'll keep you updated. The location actually likes the machine, but I can't use the stacker ba on it anymore, the board won't power it up. I have to pull $180 or so loose dollars out of the drawer each service. I get the spirals to go 8, 11 deep and double up on items. I feel I reinvented the wheel with this machine. It's annoying, lol.

I'm in Barstow California. If you are going to scrap it, I'll buy parts from you to avoid having to ship the entire unit. Like the entire drawer that supports the bill/coin/boards and the motors. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

• Like 1

I'm in Barstow California. If you are going to scrap it, I'll buy parts from you to avoid having to ship the entire unit. Like the entire drawer that supports the bill/coin/boards and the motors. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

I have one of those pos to Allen, and hoping to to get it out of my hair as  soon as possible! I'm only using the top for snacks and have a DN 368 for drinks at this location.

I junk the lower section and kept the motors for parts to sell for other people. I also have a working board. 

I put a ICT stack-able in the one at location and I never had a problem with machine, it is just cheaply made!  ;D

mike

Allen

I built a table out of some scrap 2x4's and a piece of 3/4" plywood from work and painted it white. I also screw top to plywood for just in case. It is a location of yard workers, it is in their lunch room, cold not cool in lunch room.

1.5 miles from my house, which is good!

Here's what I did with mine when I got fed up ;D. It really felt good to vent my frustrations on it. If one or both of them keep giving you fits, I would recommend you do the same.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/17329-found-a-great-location-for-my-office-deli-combo-machine/

That is where the bottom of machine is at, sold it with a bunch of other metal. 

I did that with 2 coffee machines and a pos food machine that wouldn't stay cold. I kept the refer unit from the food machine and when I got home from the scrap yard I plugged it in and found that both fans where burned out. HA!!!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

You could try tuning it. 

GO-380 coin acceptor tuning procedure: 

Tuning procedures – blue acceptor 

(1-nickel 2-dime 3-quarter 4-dollar)

For tuning quarters: 

1.    With power on, slide the switch that is directly under the white connector down to set. 

2.    Press the small black button that is next to the display three times so the display is 03. 

3.    Insert 20 different quarters. Each should come out the front and generate a tone/beep. 

4.    Slide the switch up to start. Test by inserting quarters – a +90% acceptance rate is expected.

I got this from Capital Vending when I ordered a  coin mechanism from them    The numbers are think are the blinks on the side of the coin  mechanism 

GO-380 coin acceptor tuning procedure: 

Tuning procedures – blue acceptor 

(1-nickel 2-dime 3-quarter 4-dollar)

For tuning quarters: 

1.    With power on, slide the switch that is directly under the white connector down to set. 

2.    Press the small black button that is next to the display three times so the display is 03. 

3.    Insert 20 different quarters. Each should come out the front and generate a tone/beep. 

4.    Slide the switch up to start. Test by inserting quarters – a +90% acceptance rate is expected.

Edited by allen watson

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2014 at 12:32 PM, allen watson said:

Hello  I own one of these combo machines at the moment  just wondering if anyone knew what a loud constant ringing noise coming from what looks like the mother board and a red light on it staying on  also nothing comes up on the front screen. Just trying to figure out if there is maybe a breaker switch or if the motherboard is fried. Thanks for the help  

I feel your pain, buddy. I own 7 of these. The compressor issue could be as simple as a thermostat or a burned out fan. You need to pull the machine out away from the wall and remove the grill from the back and check that the evaporator fan (large one, cant' miss it) is working. If it is, then you need to check to condenser fan. In order to do this you will need to slide the compressor unit out enough to peek into the cooling area. There are 2 bolts near the back edge of the compressor to remove and disconnect the power connector behind the little metal cover. Make sure you unplug the machine 1st. With the compressor out (you can pull it out all the way if you need to) you need to plug it back in to check the fan. The entire cooling unit is a stand-alone, meaning it can be completely pulled out and operated separately from the vending machine. So if it is easier for you, you can pull it all the way out and plug it back into the wall to test it. If both fans are working then it could be a thermostat. If you are not comfortable with electrical work, call an electrician to test your t-stat. I just disconnect the t-stat and jumper the two wires together. If the unit fails to cool with the t-stat bypassed, you need to have the compressor serviced. The last Genisis compressor I had serviced costs $500. The copper line (hot side) that is coiled in the little condensation pan rubbed a hole in itself and had to be replaced. The copper that Genisis used is super thin.

On the other machine a rebuilt bill validator will fix the bill problem. For the coin mech, make sure you don't have a coin jamb. Look closely because a dime or penny could be stuck in the coin mech. The way I check for coin jambs is by depressing the little solenoid on the side of the unit. If there is a jamb it will barely move. No jamb and it will move freely. Also you can unplug the little wire that connects to the back of the coin mech and plug it back in to reset it. It seems that when I have to constantly reset a coin mech by unplugging it, it isn't too long before I have to replace it with a new one. The coin mech has no serviceable or clean-able parts in it. It's mostly a sealed unit and can be found on craig's list for $100-$300 dollars.

Oh, and the key pad is an issue. I have some that are getting hard to operate. I've taken them apart and there is nothing serviceable in them. They just have to be replaced. The contact pad wears out and I don't see a fix for them. Check craig's list. There was a guy in Orange County, Calif. selling Genisis stuff.

Hello 

18A96283-552C-447D-813F-C33C9A8164F3.jpeg