glass on an AP

TKK

Ap122b anyone know the dimesnsions to it? Someone smashed mine in a laundromat and i was wondering if i could put a plexiglass one from lowes but cant find the dimensions. They r closed as they vandalized a ton of stuff so will have access to it later today. I rather put a glass than move it and put another one. Or do other ap glasses fit i have 2 other ones

Window glass must be tempered glass(44-5/8 X 21-9/16 X 1/8). You will need to also replace the edge guard unless you were able to removed the old one. Lex an is too flexible and can be pushed in.

The glass size for a 122b is

44 5/8 x 21 9/16 x 1/8

AP was good about using common glass in their machines so the glass from a

6000, 111, 112, 121, LCM 1, LCM 2, LCM 5, Studio 1, studio 2, studio 5, 131, 132, 931 and 932 are all the same size.

If you are going to use plastic you may want to add 1/4 inch to the width and remove the gasket so you can run the trim screws through it to better keep it in place.

Window glass is very dangerous as it will fail in large pieces.

Plexiglas is brittle and will break just like glass.

Lexan will bend and they will push it into the machine if you do not add reinforcements, also it scratches easily.

The factory tempered glass is the best material. If glass gets broken often the best thing to do is cover the glass expanded metal screen.

Yes it will look like something out of a jail but the location has earned this decor.

Walta

mssexp-75_13fxm.jpg

Window glass is very dangerous as it will fail in large pieces.

Plexiglas is brittle and will break just like glass.

Lexan will bend and they will push it into the machine if you do not add reinforcements, also it scratches easily.

The factory tempered glass is the best material. If glass gets broken often the best thing to do is cover the glass expanded metal screen.

Yes it will look like something out of a jail but the location has earned this decor.

Walta

mssexp-75_13fxm.jpg

Yep, if you are going to keep the machine there then you ought to install this on top of the glass.

Order a piece of 1/8" tempered glass from any glass house - the typical lead time is three days.  If you put standard plate glass in there and somebody gets sliced up, even if if they caused it, it'll be your butt in the sling.

Archived