Changing coin tubes in a mei 7512i

I have to be missing something incredibly easy.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the current tubes out of this thing.

I bought it with four quarter tubes and one nickle tube.  I need to swap out a quarter for a dime tube.

So, I googled and went to youtube and went to this forum and all I see is "just pop out the old tube and snap in the new one".  Yeah, well how is that done?

Does the front plastic cover come off somehow?  I see the little clip in the back of the tube but there's nowhere for the tube to go from there.

First off, remember that tube E can only be nickles.  Second, you want your dime tube to be in position B allowing you to use the factory DCC cassette code.  If you vary from that you are in custom cassette territory where you have to teach the coin mech where the tubes are and it's not worth the trouble.

This isn't "incredibly easy" but it's not terribly hard either.  You will have to remove the top black part that envelopes the tops of all the tubes.  Then you will release the top latch in the back of the tube and tip it away from where it was latched to pivot the tube out.  Installation is the reverse.  The tricky part is the black top piece, as I recall.  I've only done this a couple of times and had to re-figure it out each time.

Yeah the DCC code is what I was going for.  I just can't believe that how to do it is mentioned nowhere in the manual or in those training videos online.  They talk about the cassette codes and how you can change the tubes without any tools but they never say how to do it.

Maybe I missed that top black piece.  I was thinking the back was all one piece and the clear plastic front was one piece and they connected together.  I'll take another look

Wait, I was thinking of a different coin mech.  On the CF7512 cassette you do have to remove the front part that faces you when the cassette is installed.  On the left side of that front part pull the lower corner out and then slide the front down to release it from the cassette.  That will then give you the ability to release the latch of the tube you want to change.  Release the latch and tip the tube toward you to remove it. 

To install the new tube, fit the notch in the lower end of the tube around the lower housing and then guide the tube into position.  There is a key on the back that must slide down into a notch in the lower frame (if you have resistance) and then the tube will stand upright so you can latch the top end.  Now fit the front cover into the three slots on the right side of the frame and slide the top left corner up into it's groove, then press the lower left corner in.  Then make sure the three tabs on the right are in the tops of their slots.

Yep.  Once I popped off the lower left it all came apart very easily.  Man, I spent at least a half hour pulling and pushing seemingly everywhere on that.  Thanks AZ

I guess puzzles aren't my thing.

Archived