Suppliers

Hello all, I'm rather new to the vending business world. I purchased this business a few months ago. As of now, I've been using Sams for the snacks/candies and various dollar stores for the drinks. Any tips on where I can source these items cheaper? Mostly the snacks...

Thanks in advance guys!

-Karl J.

Hello all, I'm rather new to the vending business world. I purchased this business a few months ago. As of now, I've been using Sams for the snacks/candies and various dollar stores for the drinks. Any tips on where I can source these items cheaper? Mostly the snacks...

Thanks in advance guys!

-Karl J.

Sam's is at least as cheap as any wholesaler I've located and far more convenient.  If you're buying sodas at the Dollar Store, be sure to keep an eye on your expire dates as their products tend to have a short shelf life.

Looks like you are in Southern CA.  You can try soda/soda (LA) for bottles they are the cheapest.  I understand they are expanding too.

Vistar is still around although they have closed some of their market stores.  Here is the website link:

http://vistar.com/scalifornia/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck!

Thanks all. I thought there would be a cheaper source other than Sams. You're right about the expiration, but I've seen that with Sams as well. I bought some diet Dr. Pepper from Sams last month and happen to notice that they expire in a few days.

Poplady - I'm in Enterprise, AL.

Thanks all. I thought there would be a cheaper source other than Sams. You're right about the expiration, but I've seen that with Sams as well. I bought some diet Dr. Pepper from Sams last month and happen to notice that they expire in a few days.

Poplady - I'm in Enterprise, AL.

One lesson I learned years ago was to check the dates on everything at Sam's and often wound up digging to the back or bottom of the stack to get product with better dates. That's why I don't use the click-n-pull order system.

I was SHOCKED when I picked up a case of MOUNTAIN DEW at sams club with 4 months left on it. Don't get me wrong, 4 months is plenty time, but where the hell had it been sitting for the last 6 months?! I don't even know why I checked the date. I mean... it's mt dew! And it was right after a holiday!

I always check the dates on chips. Again, I don't know how but ine day I will get chips dated July 15

.. next day July 1.. it doesn't make sense!

Have you checked your Costco? I pretty much Vend Sam's selection of products. I don't drive to Vistar anymore because of distance. I actually use GFS for certain products because it's a few mins away and they give me $ credits at the end of the year. Too expensive, but Coke is @ $6.00/case there right now. They need to run the specials more often.

Have you checked your Costco? I pretty much Vend Sam's selection of products. I don't drive to Vistar anymore because of distance. I actually use GFS for certain products because it's a few mins away and they give me $ credits at the end of the year. Too expensive, but Coke is @ $6.00/case there right now. They need to run the specials more often.

Yeah gfs is a vendors convenience store. Higher prices but faster checkout.

The nearest costco is an hour away and it's 5 minutes from Sam's AND vistar. Kind of pointless lol.

One lesson I learned years ago was to check the dates on everything at Sam's and often wound up digging to the back or bottom of the stack to get product with better dates. That's why I don't use the click-n-pull order system.

We've got a new Click-n-pull order picker and I had a little sit-down with her. I explained how date sensitive I small and she completely rocks! She is giving me the best dates on everything... I frequently go in and 'spot' check dates, especially on variety packs. She is definitely going above and beyond to get me the best dates.

Like mission, I check all the dates on everything!

If I have to dig towards the back of stack to get the best dates I will!

I got burnt on a box of Zapp's Regular from Vista, expired in one week after it was dropped off, I did not check date on box. Now I check before driver hands me billing to sign.

Lesson learned!

I don't use click n pull I want better dates sams employees don't care. Cajun cortana br sams has regular zapps. Vistar does pretty good on dates lately.

The Sams in Lafayette carry them every once in a while, I shop at the one off Airline when I do go your way tc. The little woman's grandson son don't live for there. 

Archived