Where do you get your machines from?

Pete Schweddy

Has anyone been getting these questions a lot by your locations:

"Where do you buy your machines from"?

"I looked online and can get those machines for cheap".

Or my cousin or friend wants to get machines for his business can you sell him some for cheap or this machine"?

It has mostly been from the younger business owners with these questions. I wanted to ask them where they get their supplies from because my cousin or friend is wanting to open a store like theirs. In the last week I have had 3 locations ask me this question. Its making me nervous because some of these locations I pay a commission and I think they are wanting to make all the money and kick me out because they think it is just soooooooooooo easy to go around and collect money.

You're about to get the boot.  When business owners start asking me questions like this I tell them there's a reason they call this BULK vending.  

"You're wasting your time if you want to make money with only two or three locations because you have to buy so much product from suppliers to get a good price.  I get good prices because I have over 100 locations."  

Try to complicate it and play up the fact that they're wasting their time.  

This is why I don't like counting money out in front of the location if I can. I am honest with them and give them their cut instead of them seeing all the money and thinking that's all I get. This same location always wants me to exchange the quarters for bills so I started bringing rolled coins to give them instead of counting it all out there in front of their customers. They see all the quarters and think wow your making a lot but don't realize the cost of everything and just think its all extra money.

It's pretty easy to get information. How many of the non posting "silent sams" lurking about here are store owners? Another reason I promote machines like oaks and northwestern that way when these guys find out bulk vending isn't all silver and gold there will good machines for me to buy.

Archived