Royal Machine Vends Slow

Hi

I own a RVCC-804-9 by Royal.

The machine can take up to 10 seconds to vend a can. This is my first machine, but I know this is not normal.

WHen I buy from a machine, my drink is usually immediately dispensed. I checked out a location today that already has a machine in it that the owner wants removed because the machine servicing company (Coca Cola) has not paid him commission for 14 months. 

Is there anything I can do to speed up the vending of the can?

Thank you

Whatever machines you are used to using that result in immediate vends may not be this model of machine.  Each design results in different vend times and experiences. 

If you have cans in your machine (two deep) and the selection you are making has multiple columns assigned to it the machine will attempt to vend a can from the next column in the programmed column progression.  The machine will make two attempts per column to make a vend, which would be indicated to the logic board by an impact on the delivery chute.  If the vend is not successful from the first column it tries then the machine will progress to the next assigned column where it will again attempt two times to vend a can.  This process will continue until a product impacts the delivery chute or all assigned columns have been vended with no success, at which time that selection will be deemed sold out by the machine.

If you are vending bottles (one deep) then the machine will have to make two pulls on a column to drop a product.  This will effectively double the vend time as described above due to each vend attempt for a bottle taking two pulls of the chain, whereas the can vends only require one pull per vend attempt.

With all this said, you need to test your machine with the door open so you can determine if one or more columns assigned to each button are not dropping products.  Failed vends before the machine moves to the next assigned column will be what slows down the total vend time.

Hi

I own a RVCC-804-9 by Royal.

The machine can take up to 10 seconds to vend a can. This is my first machine, but I know this is not normal.

WHen I buy from a machine, my drink is usually immediately dispensed. I checked out a location today that already has a machine in it that the owner wants removed because the machine servicing company (Coca Cola) has not paid him commission for 14 months. 

Is there anything I can do to speed up the vending of the can?

Thank you

I own a couple of these (wish I had more) and ten seconds seems a little too long.  All Royals tend to vend slower - I also have some Royal Merlins that like to think about it awhile before they spit out a can.  The GIII, which you own, is unique in that it only has one vend motor and the actuation is controlled by a small chain (hence chain drive).  If you look underneath the columns you can see this chain.  If it gets too bad, you may need a new vend motor which are available through Royal.  I've never had to change any parts on any of my Royals but this model is still in production so parts will be available.

As a side note, bottlers are notoriously bad about servicing their machines, especially in slower locations.  This account may be a dud, in which case, you don;t want to be paying any commission.  If they insist on commission, either walk or set it up on a sliding scale eg: 10% of net after the first $200 a month,  If it won't do $200 a month, you don't want it.

The vend chain on this kind of machine sometimes slips. It takes a really small screwdriver to tighten it up. 

There  is the one motor mounted to the lower left inside of the machine under the vend columns. The sprocket that drives the chain can sometimes come loose. ( And sometimes strip out. ) Open the door and try test vending a column. If it takes more than 3-4 seconds, or you hear spinning, investigate further.

Archived