Tri Tec Delimna

I inherited two soda machines with Tri Tec locks on them which I was none too thrilled about from the get go.  So now the inevitable has happened and I've lost one of the remotes and the machine did not have the emergency access port installed so I can't get it open.

My question is: is there any way to reprogram my other remote to open this machine?

I think the machine has to be open because the lock controller has to be reprogrammed, but I don't know for sure. If you find out the key can be reprogrammed then I would replace the TriTeqT-handle to a normal one on the machine you can open, then reprogram the key so you can open the other machine and change it's T-handle assembly, too.  There is an emergency procedure to use that TriTeq doesn't put on their webpage.  If this is an old Pepsi or Coke machine, see if you can pay a tech to come with all their fobs to open your door.  But plan on replacing the complete T-handle assy and cage nut assembly when you get it open because they probably won't give you a new key.  Besides, you don't want this to happen again.

You can also PM rmorris since he used to work for Pepsi and has knowledge of TriTeq stuff.

Thanks Mike, that's very helpful - luckily it's just a Vendo so not much loss there

I think the machine has to be open because the lock controller has to be reprogrammed, but I don't know for sure. If you find out the key can be reprogrammed then I would replace the TriTeqT-handle to a normal one on the machine you can open, then reprogram the key so you can open the other machine and change it's T-handle assembly, too.  There is an emergency procedure to use that TriTeq doesn't put on their webpage.  If this is an old Pepsi or Coke machine, see if you can pay a tech to come with all their fobs to open your door.  But plan on replacing the complete T-handle assy and cage nut assembly when you get it open because they probably won't give you a new key.  Besides, you don't want this to happen again.

You can also PM rmorris since he used to work for Pepsi and has knowledge of TriTeq stuff.

Thanks Randy,

I knew these things were going to be trouble the first time I saw them.

I PM'd Roger but he hasn't been around for a couple of months now so I don't know if he'll get my message before I resort to Cajun's suggestion  ;D

I PM'd Roger but he hasn't been around for a couple of months now so I don't know if he'll get my message before I resort to Cajun's suggestion  ;D

Sorry moondog!

The possum thought it was funny.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Just talked to Roger and he knew how to do it.  Can't post this on an open forum so if anybody needs to know you'll have to PM me.

I was going to PM you earlier but I wasn't sure if my way works.  But thanks for not posting on this forum as we don't need the wrong people having that info.

I was going to PM you earlier but I wasn't sure if my way works.  But thanks for not posting on this forum as we don't need the wrong people having that info.

I'll give you a small hint Chris, it doesn't involve using chain saws or cannons. ;D  

I'm not a Cajun.

My way would have opened it rather easily!

moondog is not particularly fond of vendos.

I don't care for electronic type of locks, they have a place and a time, never for me!

Yes dat is my down fall! 

Cajun

;D

Archived