website

TKK

For those of you with websites, post your link...how do u get to be like number 1 on google? Do u guys get any hits? I paid 200 for mine w 2 months of seo whatever that means...

Vendinginelpaso.com

SEO is Search Engine Optimization.  Are you getting any hits yet and are they the number you expected?  I just did two Google searches, "el paso vending machine" and "vending el paso" and your website didn't come up on either of the first pages.  I didn't look any further.

Building a website is the easiest and cheapest part..........the most expensive is the seo, as its a monthly fee and can take many months to get onto the first page of google  for your key search words. Another option is to pay per click with google adwords something I am considering for a period of time.

I  recently started  paying $500 each month  and  I expect to be on the first page within 4 months, however to maintain that will require consistent seo and its not cheap. A cheaper option is try an indian company which can do the job a lot cheaper than most.

That route sucks...its been for sale for 2 years. Bunch of stickers and crappy machines.but thanx for the link.

Im on google maps but like number 16 or so lol if u go down the list. I contacted google and they said i was too new and that my phone number was new too w no citations?

For those of you with websites, post your link...how do u get to be like number 1 on google? Do u guys get any hits? I paid 200 for mine w 2 months of seo whatever that means...

Vendinginelpaso.com

Search Engine Optimization. There are a number of factors involved in being ranked highly. I don't know exactly how it works but guys that do this for a living tell me that the algorithm Google uses changes pretty frequently to try to improve the results.

Things that seem to be mentioned regularly as being important to get and maintain the ranking are:

1. Inward pointing links

2. Changing content

3. Having a youtube channel

I'm sure there is much more and we have some members here that can speak much better than I about this so let's see what they have to add....

Search Engine Optimization. There are a number of factors involved in being ranked highly. I don't know exactly how it works but guys that do this for a living tell me that the algorithm Google uses changes pretty frequently to try to improve the results.

Things that seem to be mentioned regularly as being important to get and maintain the ranking are:

1. Inward pointing links

2. Changing content

3. Having a youtube channel

I'm sure there is much more and we have some members here that can speak much better than I about this so let's see what they have to add....

Hey guys, in addition to running a route, I'm the seo guy at vendinghow.com. I wanted to clarify some things based on your posts here. Reel is right in that seo is not an overnight method of driving traffic to your business, but it and online advertising (like pay per click on Google adwords) are the only methods to do it.

The only things that important to good seo are:

1. Using relevant and high value keywords on your website

2. Having high quality links that point to your site (What Mission called inward pointing links). Youtube links are only useful because they are a highly ranked site that points to your site and thus endorses it (assuming you have a link back to your site on the youtube video.) It's a lot like going to a new high school and the difference between making friends with people no one likes (aka no seo) or making friends with the popular kids (good seo.)

What do I mean by high value? I mean by having content that is valuable to the user reading it and valuable to the algorithm that filters through all the similar websites. That algorithm has the difficult job of determining which content is the most relevant to what the user wants.

In general the internet is clogged with a lot of vending websites that are good at seeming popular (because they used seo strategies to game the system) but aren't actually helping people, or websites that are great but have a hard time being seen by anyone. This makes it very difficult for a vending company without seo knowledge to rank high on a Google search.

For example, TKK, I checked out your website and, through keyword analysis (which anyone can do), I find that the search term "vending machines el paso tx" is the best keyword for your home page. It's best because it has the highest volume for the exact term you want your website matched to. Instead you have, "Full Service Vending in El Paso Texas" as your search term, so you won't get nearly as much traffic. This is because, while both are correct, people are searching for the first and they aren't for the second. This is just one of the nuances of seo that make it seem like black magic on the outside.

While new and changing content is important in some fields, such as news or entertainment media, in this industry good content, even if it doesn't change, is of far higher importance to search engines.

If what I'm saying sounds like gobbledygook, at least know that there are many companies out there who claim to do seo, but really do bad seo, which like I said games the system. These websites (healthy vending franchises are an example) pump a lot of money into getting links from other high value sites and make flashy and disposable content without actually building relationships with their customers. How many times have you read on the internet things like, "Make an easy boatload of cash with vending"! Garbage. We all know that vending is a business that takes a lot of hard work to be successful. Google is penalizing this kind of behavior more and more. Don't believe me?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/28/how-one-google-algorithm-update-can-kill-a-busines.aspx

In the end, good seo is similar to how we vendors build our companies through referrals. You give great service and people refer back to you, but in this case the service is not filling a vending machine. It's providing quality content to your customers.

This is just the tip of the iceberg with driving traffic, but If you want to know more, PM me or ask me in this thread. 

Hope this helps.

What i dont get is even if u put the kandy kornerz el paso it doesnt show like the regular businesses. Like say u tyoe walmart el paso and it shows the diferent adresses, website, contact number etc...it shows posts from tvf instead lol

That's because Googles search bot hasn't scanned your site yet or not enough times to get it up higher in the search rankings.  There haven't been any searches made for the site yet, there are no links to your site from anywhere else yet, and until your site is actually viewed by tons of people or you use SEO techniques to get your site noticed by Google it won't show up in the search results.  Remember that the search you did, "Kandy Kornerz El Paso" is not the name of your website and maybe not a keyword for your site either.  What people will find is links to things like TVF posts where your avatar shows the name or posts where you might have mentioned your name.  That's because there have been many inward links within TVF to those posts and Google has had thousands of daily bot checks for changes made to the site caused by all the web traffic to this site and within this site.  The more activity a site has the higher in the search rankings it goes.  It's a catch-22, how can you get hits if it doesn't show in search results because it doesn't get any hits?  That's where SEO comes in.  I'm no expert here and don't even have my own website so don't take my comments as gospel.  You need to get a book like Google for Dummies, if it exists, and learn how this stuff works. 

You could also ask vendinghowchris.  He definitely knows his stuff in this area.

Also, if you ever go to the bottom of the main forum page where you see all the members currently on the site, you will always see Google and Yahoo because they are constantly crawling this website looking for changes because of all the activity here.

Exactly what AZVendor (randy?) said. Vendiscuss will come up first on a google search because, to use my metaphor from above, they are already popular. They have lots of links and have done some good SEO work (not to mention being super helpful and google really favors this) so your post in this forum will show up before your own website on an Internet search. To make sure that google knows you exist, you need to submit your site map to them - and also bing, etc but at least google. I'd check with your current SEO service to make sure they've done that step. Submitting your site map is the essential first step and, assuming they've done everything else correctly, you should see listings for your site (not necessarily on the front page) on google within a month. Sometimes much sooner.

What i dont get is even if u put the kandy kornerz el paso it doesnt show like the regular businesses. Like say u tyoe walmart el paso and it shows the diferent adresses, website, contact number etc...it shows posts from tvf instead lol

Need to be careful with SEO.  There are both "black hat" and "white hat" SEO techniques.  Careful TKK, there are a ton of "services" out there more than willing to cater to people like you "I don't even know what seo is, but I know I want it".  

They'll employ techniques to make your site jump the google rankings in a hurry, but won't help long term - or worse...get you blacklisted completely.  Once your URL gets flagged by google you may as well start over completely.  

• 2 weeks later...

My website is vendinghow.com (sort of obvious from my user name) We currently rank between 3rd and 4th on google for the term "vending business plan," among others and our site is only about a year old, if that's helpful. Here is my article that explains more about this: http://bit.ly/1oKILku

Just did a google search, and want to let you know I found your website 5th on the 1st page. 

My seo guy asked me to email him a list of keywords for each page. Can someone help me out with that? Or have a ton they can send me?

My seo guy asked me to email him a list of keywords for each page. Can someone help me out with that? Or have a ton they can send me?

Again, others will know better, but as I understand it  you need to have things like,

El Paso Vending, snack vending, soda vending, etc. worked into the text of each page

I have done several things to get my sites out there.

1. I pay for Google ad word advertising.  I end up paying $100 a month for that.

2. I have a large You Tube channel with lots of repair videos, those show up all over the place.

3. I have gone into my site builders and listed tons of "keywords" for each page.

4. Our online store includes SEO services and a lot of search engine integrating, most of which I don't even know how it works.

We just finished launching a brand new online vending parts store.  Its very easy to navigate, and we are setting up with as much info and as many parts and part numbers as we can.  I am adding parts as fast as I can, so anybody that browses it, remember to check back often.  Below are my two sites, and my You Tube channel.

www.vendorstech.com

stores.vendorstech.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/H4UV1

You want your keywords to be words that will be searched when a potential client is looking for machine service. So if I need a machine I'll search "vending machine service in LA" "vending service la" "snack machine for my office" "soda machine for my business" "vending machine maintenance" and the like nature.

There will be thousands of potential searches.

There is google keyword planner. search for the google keyword planner on google and you will find it. In the planner you type in a phrase like "vending machine service" and it will produce similar search keywords

I have done several things to get my sites out there.

1. I pay for Google ad word advertising.  I end up paying $100 a month for that.

2. I have a large You Tube channel with lots of repair videos, those show up all over the place.

3. I have gone into my site builders and listed tons of "keywords" for each page.

4. Our online store includes SEO services and a lot of search engine integrating, most of which I don't even know how it works.

We just finished launching a brand new online vending parts store.  Its very easy to navigate, and we are setting up with as much info and as many parts and part numbers as we can.  I am adding parts as fast as I can, so anybody that browses it, remember to check back often.  Below are my two sites, and my You Tube channel.

www.vendorstech.com

stores.vendorstech.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/H4UV1

Gotta be careful with listing "tons of keywords", since 1. This will make it much harder to rank for specific keywords (since Google doesn't know which keyword to display your page in searches for), and 2. Google is starting to penalize this behavior since it seems like trying to game the keyword system. Even if they don't penalize you, you will find it difficult to rank for specific high value keywords if you flood your pages with any keyword that makes sense. It's about quality not quantity.

You want your keywords to be words that will be searched when a potential client is looking for machine service. So if I need a machine I'll search "vending machine service in LA" "vending service la" "snack machine for my office" "soda machine for my business" "vending machine maintenance" and the like nature.

There will be thousands of potential searches.

There is google keyword planner. search for the google keyword planner on google and you will find it. In the planner you type in a phrase like "vending machine service" and it will produce similar search keywords

This is all true, but it's not just important that you use keywords, it's important that you use specific keywords. Otherwise you are essentially shooting in the dark.

Sorry to be the wet blanket around here, but if your seo guy is asking you for the keywords, then he isn't really an seo guy. Anyone can put keywords on a web page. The value in good seo is knowing which keywords to use, how to use them, and how to utilize them in your linking strategy.

Just did a google search, and want to let you know I found your website 5th on the 1st page. 

Thanks for the update. Google is always fluctuating and my data was from our last 2 month period prior to my post.

My website is vendinghow.com (sort of obvious from my user name) We currently rank between 3rd and 4th on google for the term "vending business plan," among others and our site is only about a year old, if that's helpful. Here is my article that explains more about this: http://bit.ly/1oKILku

Thanks for the update. Google is always fluctuating and my data was from our last 2 month period prior to my post.

Hey Chris.. when I searched the term "vending business plan" when you first mentioned it you did show up 3rd so you were correct when you made that statement.

My question is:

- Do you know what has made you slip from 3rd to 5th position?

- Is it a lack of SEO lately on your behalf or is it because the people above you improved there SEO ranking?

Hey Chris.. when I searched the term "vending business plan" when you first mentioned it you did show up 3rd so you were correct when you made that statement.

My question is:

- Do you know what has made you slip from 3rd to 5th position?

- Is it a lack of SEO lately on your behalf or is it because the people above you improved there SEO ranking?

Hey Kiwi,

The ranking positions fluctuate all the time - daily if not hourly. Any ranking report tells you the average ranking position for your page. So when I say it's a certain number, I'm referring to the average number, not some absolute rank.

If it did fall consistently then it wouldn't be a lack of seo on my part. It would likely be others improving their ranking. Once you do the work, you achieve that spot until someone does better work (gives better content quality or has better quality links). The value of your work over time simply degrades in relationship to the value of others' work. There is no way to know what others are working on, so you do have to keep creating content and links to stay at a certain ranking over time. That's just the nature of staying relevant in any field. It's a lot like stocking certain products in your vending machine as they become popular. 

The good news is that there are millions of keywords and keyword phrases and most people don't know how to do this, and of those, many do not create high quality content. Therefore there is significant opportunity in most fields to get ranked quite high relatively quickly. Moreso in industries that aren't fully of techy people.

Hope this helps

The ranking positions fluctuate all the time - daily if not hourly. Any ranking report tells you the average ranking position for your page. So when I say it's a certain number, I'm referring to the average number, not some absolute rank.

Hey Chris.. thanks for the explanation.

You definitely seem to know what your talking about when it come to SEO.  How did you learn so much about this subject. Did you have past experience in this area before you started in the vending industry?

Hey Chris.. thanks for the explanation.

You definitely seem to know what your talking about when it come to SEO.  How did you learn so much about this subject. Did you have past experience in this area before you started in the vending industry?

Hey Kiwi,

Your welcome. This is just another one of those areas of doing business that is arbitrarily shrouded in mystery.

Me? I've been dabbling with online business and seo since about 2008. It was always a hobby of mine. I honestly didn't know that people in small businesses found it valuable. I mostly read blogs from other people and, over time, started connecting dots together. I didn't start working in vending until 2009, and I was fortunate to work as a route driver and not have to worry about the overhead of running a whole business. At the same time, the owner of the company is a family friend, and he helped me learn a lot about how to run a business. While working in vending and learning this, I started applying his understanding of business to the knowledge of my hobby of internet marketing.

How did I learn? The information is out there. You can Google "seo beginner guide", but I find that most vendors don't have the time to learn about it. I also find that a lot of small business people in general don't necessarily know why it's important for them to learn about this. And just like in vending, there is a lot of misinformation out there about how to be successful with it, which means there are a lot of people who profit off the idea that it takes a 4 year degree to understand it. To my knowledge, there is no school where you can learn seo. The good news is there are more and more people out there who practice good seo, which means they analyze their market and their customers' needs (and their customers' needs) and help create high quality information that benefits the reader of the website. Not only that, but they create actual relationships with other people who link to them or go to their site.

The biggest misconception practiced by people who pretend they know about seo, is that the internet is just numbers. No, the internet is comprised of people like you and me, people who want services and want to do business with someone they trust. In this way seo, or any other service, is a lot like vending. 

Archived