New member from Calgary Canada

drbroszat

Our company is Your Choice Vending and we have been in business for over 3 years. All of our machines are Seaga Office Deli machines. At the moment my wife runs the business full time with my support.

Doug

Our company is Your Choice Vending and we have been in business for over 3 years. All of our machines are Seaga Office Deli machines. At the moment my wife runs the business full time with my support.

Doug

Welcome to TVF!! The Seaga machines are pretty universally disliked by most vendors, but like me, it is largely from little actual experience. I would love to hear more about your experiences with multiple machines over a extended period of time. Please share if you are so inclined.

Welcome to TVF!! The Seaga machines are pretty universally disliked by most vendors, but like me, it is largely from little actual experience. I would love to hear more about your experiences with multiple machines over a extended period of time. Please share if you are so inclined.

Alas, as you may recall from earlier posts by members in Alberta, good used machines are nearly impossible to come by and many vendors are stuck with Chinese and Seaga combos. Let's just hope Doug didn't acquire these via a BizOp program.

Welcome to the forum, Doug.

It sounds like you have been successful with the Office Deli machines.  Most experienced vendors here in the states don't recommend these machines due to the poor technical support and poor parts availability from Seaga, not to mention how expensive the parts are for these machines.  While you are successful with Seaga equipment I would encourage you to look into other equipment choices should you decide to expand your business. 

Join us in the Food and Beverage forum where you can post any questions or problems you might have about the industry there for discussion.  I am familiar with these machines as are a couple of other members and we can help with any issues you might have.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

We certainly have had our challenges with the Office Deli's but to date have been fortunate enough to not require any replacement parts. Being a former mechanical designer I also see the many corners cut in their design. We are on the verge of needing coils and possibly motors. I have done some searching with little success and yes Seaga is very expensive especially with the shipping costs to Canada. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not sure what BizOp is but unfortunately we did get into the business via a third party, Planet Antares, who most probably know is now out of business. A lot of money spent on support that pretty much did not materialise. We have brought the business up to 16 customers with another possible acquisition in the wings.

Right now we are looking at improving the machines rather than replacing them. Areas of concern are vending lane gaps to prevent snagging, anti-theft issues (actually have seen an incident on a security cam), strengthening where machine is typically hit (could be solved with better vending solutions) and compressor technical support or knowledge so I can maintain myself.

Please be patient with my forum etiquette, this pretty much the first time I have used this type of media.

You won't find any other source for your parts other than Seaga and you will have to pay their freight to get them.  No one stocks their parts at prices lower than they sell them for so not many people stock anything.  I understand you desire to earn your money back from the machines and to keep them running as long as possible, but once your investment is paid for don't hesitate to sell the machines and put that money into more dependable equipment, especially for any accounts that you need to service more than once per week.  Eventually these machines will begin to cost more than they are worth.  The logic board alone was over $400 two years ago and neither they nor anyone else repairs their boards and you can't buy rebuilt boards.  The compressors are from South Korea and the model used in the Office Deli is not available in North America at all.  I was fortunate enough to find a crossover from only one manufacturer that I could use in a repair and they are hard to find.  Seaga will not sell you the compressor itself, only the entire cooling unit for about $1000.

I have had experience troubleshooting these machines so you can call on me should you need any help.  You can post in the Food and Beverage forum or send me a PM if you need help.

Thanks for the feedback.

We certainly have had our challenges with the Office Deli's but to date have been fortunate enough to not require any replacement parts. Being a former mechanical designer I also see the many corners cut in their design. We are on the verge of needing coils and possibly motors. I have done some searching with little success and yes Seaga is very expensive especially with the shipping costs to Canada. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not sure what BizOp is but unfortunately we did get into the business via a third party, Planet Antares, who most probably know is now out of business. A lot of money spent on support that pretty much did not materialise. We have brought the business up to 16 customers with another possible acquisition in the wings.

Right now we are looking at improving the machines rather than replacing them. Areas of concern are vending lane gaps to prevent snagging, anti-theft issues (actually have seen an incident on a security cam), strengthening where machine is typically hit (could be solved with better vending solutions) and compressor technical support or knowledge so I can maintain myself.

Please be patient with my forum etiquette, this pretty much the first time I have used this type of media.

Planet Antares was a bizop which are frowned upon for the reasons you've mentioned - high cost for low quality equipment and poor customer support.  Combo machines in general are inefficient as they won't hold enough product to allow for a profitable service cycle.  Moving forward you should look for some good US made full size machines for your better locations.

This is easier said than done in Alberta where good used equipment is scarce and you may need to broaden your search south of the border.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Something I found recently for Western Canadian Venders and maybe all over Canada. 591 ml Pepsi, Dole juices etc at the Dollarama Stores $ 1.00 plus Dep. Tax and Enviro.$ 24.00 a case vs $32.95 off the truck, and of course bars @.77.

Something I found recently for Western Canadian Venders and maybe all over Canada. 591 ml Pepsi, Dole juices etc at the Dollarama Stores $ 1.00 plus Dep. Tax and Enviro.$ 24.00 a case vs $32.95 off the truck, and of course bars @.77.C

Always check the expiration dates on anything you see at a Dollar Store.  Many of their items are short life, hence the low price.

Thanks Moondog great advice anytime.In a previous life I was in the grocery Biz and everything has a date so checking dates is an obsession.So far at the Dollarama chocolate bar dates have not been an issue except when staff do not rotate and the few times there has been an issue there was never a problem returning them. The local wholeseller that I originally used and was pissed when I dropped him is now getting his bars from this store.

Archived