Threaded beverage T-Latch assembly

drbroszat

One of my beverage latches is not threading shut anymore and I have a spare one that I could replace it with but I can not figure out how to remove it without breaking the seal on the main body.

Is there a way to disassemble these so that the core inner parts come out. This latch is in a Seaga Office Deli beverage machine and there are no instructions in our manual on how to do this. It was easy enough to remove the locking mechanism but the rest is a mystery to me and I could not find anything specific when I Googled it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A technical post such as this can be posted in the Food and Beverage forum for more exposure to people that can help you. 

This is a good example of something I can't picture unless I'm in front of one of the machines because, as you said, the Seaga manuals are very weak.  Anyway, by looking at your spare part and at the one on your door now, you can't see how they are replaced?  On normal T-handles on other machines there is a retaining clip around the threaded stud that can be removed to allow the handle and stud to be pulled out of the flange from the front.  But I think, like you said, Seaga's T-handle doesn't come apart. 

You will see that there are screws and nuts that hold it to the door and you have to get to the nuts.  I have replaced one on a Seaga HF3500 before but it was a couple of years ago so I'm trying to remember the experience.  I remember it was difficult to get to the nuts that hold the T-handle assy to the door because the door assembly is finished after they put the T-handle on.  Check if there is a long vertical metal piece that might be removable from the inside edge next to the lock.  You might have to remove more than one piece and they could be riveted on.  If so, you will need to drill the rivets out and then rivet the piece back on after the replacement is made.  

Let us know how it goes. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you've removed the locking mechanism, I presume you mean the inner lock cylinder.  With the lock unlocked and the T-handle free to turn, do you see some blind bolt heads (likely carriage bolts) or actual screw heads that are holding the flange to the door underneath the T-handle in the flange.  There are usually screws/bolts pushed through the flange and through the surface of the door and secured with nuts on the opposite side.  This is why you do need to take the door frame apart to reach those nuts.

Archived