Equipment for my new accounts

I just started getting new accounts and I have a small list of eqiupment.  I'm really just trying to get some information on any "tricks" or issues that many of these machines have.  Most of them have been discussed here but I am someone who really tries to upgrade equipment if possible.

Rowe snack (i didn't get the model number but it had a MAG50).  I was just surprised that it had a decent validator in it.  I might be mixing it up with another machine but I want to say it had a Coinco 9340L in it.

Dixie narco 414.  All I remember is that this thing was tall.  It was in great shape.

Lektrovend VS99.  I have serviced these machines before but this will be the first one that I will own.  I'm probably just going to scrap it as soon as it gives me problems.

Dixie Narco 348?  I believe it said 348 on the side.  All I remember is that it appeared to have an SIID board in it and it appeared to be very similar to a 368 but with the guts of a newer machine such as a 501e.  The bummer is that I get the impression that you cannot covert a 2-deep can machine to 20oz bottles but it seems like it would be an excellent machine for cans only (as it is being used).  I suppose I should just keep it where it is and never replace it.

I will also be getting a couple AP 435's  My notes show 1 AP 430 and 1 AP 435.  Is there a difference?

There are some better machines as well but I'm already well-versed in those (ie. AP 4600, 7600, DN 501, 276e).

AP430 has 1 ten select candy tray and 4 five select snack trays for a total of 30 selections

AP435 has 2 ten select candy trays and 3 five select snack trays for a total of 35 selections.

Note: the amount of selections does not include the optional 5 selection gum and mint unit.

These are all older machines. The Rowe will be a 4900 and is the best of them especially since it has been updated to a Mag50B. You're correct that it has a 9340L mech that is equipped to specifically connect through a Coinco harness to the Mag50.

The Lektrovend was a decent machine back in the day and a lot of them are still around. If it still has a Maka validator it can be upgraded to a VN2500. Like with the Rowe you can get logic boards but motors and other hard parts are few.

The AP430 and 435 are the same machine with the 435 having two candy shelves as vendoctor said. These machines only came with either 4 price or 10 price coin mechs with some multiprice versions in late production. They never had any logic boards and all pricing was done in conjunction with the coin mechs and pricing boards in the machines. There were aftermarket logic boards for these that allowed the use of logic mechs and bill validators and an optional credit display. Before that came aftermarket validator kits that put a 4 quarter credit into the coin mech for each bill accepted. These are the heaviest snacks ever made due to all of the steel motors and the very heavy cabinets. The logic board upgrades eliminated the biggest weakness with these machines which was that the 24 volt motor circuits ran through the 4 price and 10 price mechs. The logic board changes that so the board supplies the motor power.

The DN 414 is a HEAVY mother. It's 9 columns 2 deep in a 440 cabinet. It only has one wide column.

The DN348 is a late model machine just prior to the E models coming out. It is only 2 deep and is designed for cans so any bottles you use have to be the diameter of a can. This a 9 column version of the 368 with only one wide column.

If I remember correctly, the lektrovend had an ardac validator in it. It did have a credit display though. There was a dn 368 next to it (with an SII board I think) next to it so I could probably set that up to escrow if it isn't already.

Sounds like much of this equipment can stay on location for quite some time. The one thing I wish I had time to confirm was if the rowe had one board or three boards. I didn't even see a board so it must be mounted similarly to an ap 7000 but further down, near the bottom.

These are all older machines. The Rowe will be a 4900 and is the best of them especially since it has been updated to a Mag50B. You're correct that it has a 9340L mech that is equipped to specifically connect through a Coinco harness to the Mag50.

The Lektrovend was a decent machine back in the day and a lot of them are still around. If it still has a Maka validator it can be upgraded to a VN2500. Like with the Rowe you can get logic boards but motors and other hard parts are few.

The AP430 and 435 are the same machine with the 435 having two candy shelves as vendoctor said. These machines only came with either 4 price or 10 price coin mechs with some multiprice versions in late production. They never had any logic boards and all pricing was done in conjunction with the coin mechs and pricing boards in the machines. There were aftermarket logic boards for these that allowed the use of logic mechs and bill validators and an optional credit display. Before that came aftermarket validator kits that put a 4 quarter credit into the coin mech for each bill accepted. These are the heaviest snacks ever made due to all of the steel motors and the very heavy cabinets. The logic board upgrades eliminated the biggest weakness with these machines which was that the 24 volt motor circuits ran through the 4 price and 10 price mechs. The logic board changes that so the board supplies the motor power.

The DN 414 is a HEAVY mother. It's 9 columns 2 deep in a 440 cabinet. It only has one wide column.

The DN348 is a late model machine just prior to the E models coming out. It is only 2 deep and is designed for cans so any bottles you use have to be the diameter of a can. This a 9 column version of the 368 with only one wide column.

I just started getting new accounts and I have a small list of eqiupment.  I'm really just trying to get some information on any "tricks" or issues that many of these machines have.  Most of them have been discussed here but I am someone who really tries to upgrade equipment if possible.

Rowe snack (i didn't get the model number but it had a MAG50).  I was just surprised that it had a decent validator in it.  I might be mixing it up with another machine but I want to say it had a Coinco 9340L in it.

Dixie narco 414.  All I remember is that this thing was tall.  It was in great shape.

Lektrovend VS99.  I have serviced these machines before but this will be the first one that I will own.  I'm probably just going to scrap it as soon as it gives me problems.

Dixie Narco 348?  I believe it said 348 on the side.  All I remember is that it appeared to have an SIID board in it and it appeared to be very similar to a 368 but with the guts of a newer machine such as a 501e.  The bummer is that I get the impression that you cannot covert a 2-deep can machine to 20oz bottles but it seems like it would be an excellent machine for cans only (as it is being used).  I suppose I should just keep it where it is and never replace it.

I will also be getting a couple AP 435's  My notes show 1 AP 430 and 1 AP 435.  Is there a difference?

There are some better machines as well but I'm already well-versed in those (ie. AP 4600, 7600, DN 501, 276e).

Chris, that list just makes my head hurt.  You were supposed to be getting focused on the better accounts and now it looks like you're off on another tail chasing exercise.

Exactly!, Have you sold that 7/5 yet?

Have you relocated that 501E running 15.00 a week?

These are the kind of things that will suck all your time & money up.

You have got to clamp down on getting and/or keeping unprofitable locations, if you don't you will get burned out from working a lot of hours for little pay.

Use your free time to simply hand out cards & ask the receptionist how the vending machines are doing?, if you are friendly they will usually tell you vend prices, company name, how often they service, cans or bottles and cold food along with pricing and employee numbers. The trick is to let them answer the phone if it rings and mix in some small talk between questions.

I always discuss how I'm the owner and have been in vending a long time and I have two girls one in competitive soccer and the other a senior who is graduating this year. I tell them how my wife is a school teacher & all the while I am scanning their work station for any clues about a topic I can discuss with them to keep their interest in our conversation long enough for me to get as many of my questions answered as possible. Once I have established some credibility with the gatekeeper I can get tons of info. You don't have to get all the info on the first visit, think of it as a courtship. The better the account the more times you will need to pop in and visit, I usually drop in every 6 months and visit for a minute on the accounts I'm after. One time I had a small hospital call me to set up a sales meeting before I even got out of the parking lot. You have to constantly be calling & leaving cards, always leave a card even if they say their happy, its the cheapest advertisement around..... And yes I got that hospital account & have had it about 4 years now ;D

Sorry guys lol. There are better machines and better accounts that go with this deal but I committed to this deal 2 months ago.

You guys aren't supposed to notice when I contradict myself.

Sorry guys lol. There are better machines and better accounts that go with this deal but I committed to this deal 2 months ago.

You guys aren't supposed to notice when I contradict myself.

Sorry Chris, but in the back of my mind I shudder to think what kind of an account would only warrant a pre- Micro Mech machine.  Sounds like you need to cherry pick this lot and sell off a few accounts.  Start with your three worst ones and sell them for the equipment value only so they move fast and you don't have to fiddle around.  You'll be surprised how much better you feel about the whole situation.

Sorry Chris, but in the back of my mind I shudder to think what kind of an account would only warrant a pre- Micro Mech machine.  Sounds like you need to cherry pick this lot and sell off a few accounts.  Start with your three worst ones and sell them for the equipment value only so they move fast and you don't have to fiddle around.  You'll be surprised how much better you feel about the whole situation.

Not to mention putting some needed cash back in the business account.

Good ideas guys. That's probably what I'm going to do. The only advantage is that all of these accounts are close to vistar. I will probably start selling accounts off in the next 6 months.

Good ideas guys. That's probably what I'm going to do. The only advantage is that all of these accounts are close to vistar. I will probably start selling accounts off in the next 6 months.

Being close to Vistar is not an advantage in my mind - the only reason to buy from Vistar and pay the extra is because they deliver.  And I wouldn't wait 6 months to start cleaning house.  Sounds like you've got a mess going there and the quicker you clean it up, the happier and more profitable you'll be.  Trust me, I've been there.

Being close to Vistar is not an advantage in my mind - the only reason to buy from Vistar and pay the extra is because they deliver. And I wouldn't wait 6 months to start cleaning house. Sounds like you've got a mess going there and the quicker you clean it up, the happier and more profitable you'll be. Trust me, I've been there.

I know what you mean but I get tge oddball stuff from vistar. Sam's only carries about 6 varieties of chips unless you keep getting variety packs.

Chris,

I would avoid buying them, sounds like a lot of potential headaches, repairs and little to no return. If it was a real genuine bargain  Moondog would have have come out from under his beer enduced cloud to snap them up!. 

Chris,

I would avoid buying them, sounds like a lot of potential headaches, repairs and little to no return. If it was a real genuine bargain  Moondog would have have come out from under his beer enduced cloud to snap them up!. 

Ron, I believe the point is that he's already got them and now he needs to unload them.  I wouldn't cross the street to pick off that lot much less drive from California to Ohio

Anyone looking for machines???

I have Rowe Candy...6800...5900...4900

I have Rowe 548...648 food machines 

Tons of parts for everything.

Changers validators etc.

Archived