What is this

orsd

Looks like a POS foreign combo machine.  It's nothing that you would want to buy for over $100 unless it's making decent money and it stays on location.  From the looks of where it's located, I would say that it doesn't make money at all.

When RPD started back in the mid 90's I was impressed with their machines as the only small snacks available then, aside from the Antares mechanical crap, was the Rowe 499 and a Polyvend countertop. I used a few of the Rowe and the Polyvend but just never invested in the RPDs. I have only seen one on location since then and it was at a car wash, built in to the wall and with a stainless steel door. It appeared to be purpose-built for the carwash industry. Anyway, I'm glad to see RPD still surviving but I have no idea how their quality is now.

My first machine was an older version of the RDP combo that I got off craiglist for $150. It took in just over $1000 in sales in 3 months and then it died. Seemed to be the main logic board, RDP support was so hard to get a hold of, and when I finally did they directed me to a 3rd party in Texas to get a used replacement board. I paid about $350 for the board and still never got the thing to work. It would communicate with the coin changer and dispense change but it would never accept a coin again.

Archived