Fair value

orsd

What's fair market value for an Antares mechanical combo

I need it to evaluate a route I'm looking at

Yes I would like to say scrap value too but I need FAIR market value to talk to this guy

This is tough because I want to say $0.  If the machine cools, the changer works, and it makes some reasonable money, maybe $150?  I would ONLY take them if they were part of a route with full-size equipment but very few antares machines were included.

To put it in perspective, as part of a deal I just took, I refused to pay for a location with a CD 7/5 and an AP 435.  The location didn't warrant machines that big and the machines aren't worth putting money into.  If someone offered me an AP 435 for an Antares machine, I would take it.... because the AP 435 is probably better.  With that said, the antares machine just isn't worth anything by itself.

I agree with Chris that $150 or less is what they are truly worth, but the value is what someone is willing to pay for one. Keep in mind that the account it's in is probably not worthwhile if this machine can handle the business there. I would, under no circumstance, give anything for the location just because of the machine you're expected to buy.

Archived