ams sensit 2 compressor cycling on and off

My business partner has an ams sensit 2. Every minute or so, the cooling system tuns off for a few seconds, then back on for another minute. Sufficed to say, it never cools.

We made sure the temp (set point) is at 40F. Also, made sure the thermostat is clipped in correctly.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

You need to make sure the condenser fan in front of the compressor is working and blowing air out the back of the machine.  Make sure the machine is not against the wall and that the screen on the bottom of the cabinet is clean.  This screen is not removable so you have to rub the dirt off of it while laying on the floor. 

If the screen is clear and there is sufficient airflow then the next question is: Does the condensing fan continue to run when the compressor turns off?  If it does then you likely have a bad compressor.  This would indicate that the compressor is overloading itself, overheating and turning off.   You can check for low freon and try putting a hard start kit on the compressor but I think if the above items all check out, you will end up replacing the compressor.

Now if the compressor and fan both turn off and on at the same time then that is indication of a bad temp sensor or bad logic board.  In this case follow the sensor harness to the logic board, inspecting for any damage to the cable and then check for a good connection at the logic board.  If the items in the first two paragraphs check out, then you need to either do the sensor or the board.

Let us know what you find.

You need to make sure the condenser fan in front of the compressor is working and blowing air out the back of the machine.  Make sure the machine is not against the wall and that the screen on the bottom of the cabinet is clean.  This screen is not removable so you have to rub the dirt off of it while laying on the floor. 

If the screen is clear and there is sufficient airflow then the next question is: Does the condensing fan continue to run when the compressor turns off?  If it does then you likely have a bad compressor.  This would indicate that the compressor is overloading itself, overheating and turning off.   You can check for low freon and try putting a hard start kit on the compressor but I think if the above items all check out, you will end up replacing the compressor.

Now if the compressor and fan both turn off and on at the same time then that is indication of a bad temp sensor or bad logic board.  In this case follow the sensor harness to the logic board, inspecting for any damage to the cable and then check for a good connection at the logic board.  If the items in the first two paragraphs check out, then you need to either do the sensor or the board.

Let us know what you find.

I have a AMS sensit 2 and keeping the screens clean and away from the wall is probably the two most important things you can do. 

It seems to me that air flow is doubly important on this machine. I also agree with AZ, Check the compressor fan

My first step if you have not already tried this would be to unplug the machine and let it sit overnight and let the compressor get cold and then fire it up and see if the compressor starts and the compressor fan keeps running and go from there. Sounds to me like the compressor is overheating

my 02

Archived