Dixie Narco 5591

HI

I have a Dixie Narco 5591 on location and doing very well

but I have a question

This location insist on me carrying the 16.9 Dasani Water

(I have tried several times to switch it out and get phone calls every time - It is NOT a good water for vending)

The problem is I can only stock 4 in a row because they will double vend when the water get cold.

I am currently using the Can /  16.9 oz Bottle Shim  (801 817 380)

The above shim works PERFECTLY for my other 16.9oz drinks and cans (coke,pepsi,dr. pepper,mt dew,Monster Drinks,12oz cans, juice and etc)

Is there a thicker shim I could use that will vend the 16.9oz Dasani Water - I was thinking about the trying the shim for Red Bull small cans.

Does any one happen to know the DN model number for a shim that will vending COLD Dasani Waters?

by the way...this location has never done more then $15 a day....I installed the DN5591 and I am now doing $37-40 a day.

Thanks

Del 

Del, what you need to do is find bottles designed for vending that won't get soft when they are cold.  The Dasani and Aquafina brands bottles aren't all intended for vending.  They have some bottles that have been injected with nitrogen that firms them up for vending.  You will know which ones they are only when you squeeze them when warm.  The injected bottles will be firm when warm.  Any others will only get soft and squishy when cold.  You can also use the vending bottles from any of the regional brands of Nestle.  Those brands are Arrowhead, Zephyrhills, Ice Mountain, Deer Park, Poland Springs or Ozarka.  The 16.0 oz bottles from those brands will have ribs molded into the bottles from top to bottom to stiffen the bottles for vending.  They will then use the normal can spacers in a Bevmax machine without issue. 

Make sure you don't use any store brands or any other Nestle brands or regional brand sizes other than the 16.0 oz.  All other bottles will get soft.  If your location insists on the Dasani then you will have no choice but to find the firm bottles in either the 16.9 oz or 20 oz sizes.  They're out there but you will have to do the squeeze test to make sure they will work for you.

I totally agree AZ...twice I have switch this location out to the proper vending bottle...in this area its Deer Park that has a vendable bottle design

Both times when I switched them out ...I got phone calls asking me to immediately remove Deer Park from my vending machine and they only want Dasani water in it.....they are very stubborn about it.

On both test...I sold NO Deer Park water....but when I keep Dasani Water in it (3-4 per column) I will sale 5 a day....over a case a week

all of my other locations LOVE deer park....but this 1 location hates it

I totally agree AZ...twice I have switch this location out to the proper vending bottle...in this area its Deer Park that has a vendable bottle design

Both times when I switched them out ...I got phone calls asking me to immediately remove Deer Park from my vending machine and they only want Dasani water in it.....they are very stubborn about it.

On both test...I sold NO Deer Park water....but when I keep Dasani Water in it (3-4 per column) I will sale 5 a day....over a case a week

all of my other locations LOVE deer park....but this 1 location hates it

What a pack of primadonnas !  Maybe you need to explain that the deer don't actually piss in the water.  ;D

I vend 16.9oz Dasani out of 5591's.  I will check the shim tomorrow and let you know.  I definately don't have a multiple vend problem.  Now if you could find the right shim for 16.9oz gatorade for me I would be thrilled!

not sure on 16.9oz Gatorade...didn't know Gatorade made that size...I thought they were12oz and 20oz bottles

The 20oz bottle I use...801 812 690

If u could find out what shim to use for Dasani...I would be very grateful

not sure on 16.9oz Gatorade...didn't know Gatorade made that size...I thought they were12oz and 20oz bottles

The 20oz bottle I use...801 812 690

If u could find out what shim to use for Dasani...I would be very grateful

Talk them into 20 oz Dasani, I think those are for vending. I use regional zephyrhills 16 oz because of the great pricing.

Archived